2017 Street Rod - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2017 Street Rod

Well, at first, I thought to myself, "What the Hell is this thing?". I was perplexed because I was used to the prior Street Rod that shared the Revolution engine with the V-Rod. After a few months, this new one has grown on me. I've accepted it and have realized that it's supposed to be a cheaper, lighter, more nimble, urban-type machine that can be thrown around without much effort. I may go to a local dealer and test ride one just for the heck of it. It seems as if it can be a very fun machine. Who knows, I may just add one to my stable. Thoughts guys?
2011 Camaro SS Convertible--Many mods!
2017 Cruze RS (my little Daily Driver)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CVO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Torchsport
Horsepower Whisperer

Lots of thoughts here.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388570

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413465
2006 VRSCR "Street Rod"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Sorry to bother you with my post. I was simply asking if anyone else had originally hated the new bike and have since come to terms with it and would potentially buy one.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
H-D Heathen
Asatruar

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I couldn't have less interest in it than I originally did when it was introduced.

"Nothing is foolproof if you have a sufficiently motivated fool."

2006 VRSCR-"Not another black V Rod..." She's been beat on, thrown to the ground, abused,neglected & put away dirty..... but the gas gauge works !

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more.I thought I was mellowing as I got older,turns out I just don’t give a shit.”

H-D Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #5
movadosan
Registered Full

I didn't hate it upon first glance, but I was put off by it when I first sat on it. My legs were in a awkward / uncomfortable position and the sound of the stock exhaust sounded very generic. I was also not into the turn signals (on-off left sided turn signals). Haven't taken a test ride, but I really do like how it looks and the price seems reasonable. If you take it for a test ride, please let us know your thoughts.
movadosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
Tassie Tony
X Diavel S Advocate

They look a bit physically small for a lot of guys that are just starting out and don't meet the regulations for Australias learner riders of nothing over 650cc.Street 500 is their only option here. Smaller stature Indian riders were the initial target audience this is just a spin off from there.They don't look or do anything better than other brands so need all the bluff and bluster HD can raise to keep them front and centre in buyers minds.

Sofa King

Dr Phil double episode attendee

Shock bolt/oil cooler hose rubbing on brake line whistleblower
Tassie Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #7
Torchsport
Horsepower Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVO1 View Post
Sorry to bother you with my post. I was simply asking if anyone else had originally hated the new bike and have since come to terms with it and would potentially buy one.
No bother.
2006 VRSCR "Street Rod"

2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #8
mikeinatlanta
The Massive Pr1ck

Oh goody, another Streetrod thread. I was getting tired of posting in all the other ones.
mikeinatlanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
Tassie Tony
X Diavel S Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
Oh goody, another Streetrod thread. I was getting tired of posting in all the other ones.
Let this be a lesson for all you kiddies out there..........priapism...it's real and it's scarey!!!!!!

Sofa King

Dr Phil double episode attendee

Shock bolt/oil cooler hose rubbing on brake line whistleblower
Tassie Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:10 AM   #10
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
We could always do another Ducati thread!
TwinOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:14 AM   #11
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Quote:
Quote:
Hahahahahahaha! And yet, you chose to click and comment. Pure, unadulterated irony. As my previous post states, I wanted to see if the bike has grown on anybody and they were contemplating a purchase. I for one, have watched several YouTube reviews and I'm at least intrigued enough to go test ride one. It can't hurt. Either it's a viable bike or it's a horrendous machine, destined for the scrap heap.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:08 AM   #12
mikeinatlanta
The Massive Pr1ck

Quote:
Hahahahahahaha! And yet, you chose to click and comment. Pure, unadulterated irony. As my previous post states, I wanted to see if the bike has grown on anybody and they were contemplating a purchase. I for one, have watched several YouTube reviews and I'm at least intrigued enough to go test ride one. It can't hurt. Either it's a viable bike or it's a horrendous machine, destined for the scrap heap.
No irony here. It's called being a smartass. Irony would be the Streetrod name. The VRSCR was by far the best bike they have ever built but one of the least successful, they then choose to revive that name and stick it on a cost cutter shitbox. One thing is for sure, HD has already proven that bike quality is in no way related to either financial success or longevity of the model. Maybe the entire VRSC line is irony.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:34 AM   #13
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Quote:
No irony here. It's called being a smartass. Irony would be the Streetrod name. The VRSCR was by far the best bike they have ever built but one of the least successful, they then choose to revive that name and stick it on a cost cutter shitbox. One thing is for sure, HD has already proven that bike quality is in no way related to either financial success or longevity of the model. Maybe the entire VRSC line is irony.
Irony (noun): •a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result:

You get into a tizzy over too many Streetrod threads and instead of ignoring them, you choose to post about how much you despise them. Again, irony. If something doesn't interest me, I ignore it. With this being said, I've noticed your M.O. is being a self-admitted 1130cc.com Keyboard Warrior.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #14
mikeinatlanta
The Massive Pr1ck

Quote:
Irony (noun): •a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result:

You get into a tizzy over too many Streetrod threads and instead of ignoring them, you choose to post about how much you despise them. Again, irony. If something doesn't interest me, I ignore it. With this being said, I've noticed your M.O. is being a self-admitted 1130cc.com Keyboard Warrior.
Got to tell ya I'm not feeling the love in your post.

Maybe I'm missing something, but didn't you ask for thoughts (opinions)? Did you not ask if it was growing on anyone? I don't want to be critical, but maybe you should consider asking for feedback limited to people who like the cheap little shitbox of a bike. Love it or hate it, HD is an upscale bike that emphasizes fit, finish, and quality. Is it not reasonable to assume that current owners may not appreciate an exercise in slapping an HD sticker on a bike that is essentially opposite of their demonstrated taste in a bike?

I like nice high quality bikes. If I wanted a cheap shitbox I'd save some money and buy one without an HD logo on the tank. That sticker overprices the bike by at least a grand.

EDIT: Trust me, this keyboard warrior is exactly the same in person.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #15
CVO1
"Grab your ankles"

Quote:
Got to tell ya I'm not feeling the love in your post.

Maybe I'm missing something, but didn't you ask for thoughts (opinions)? Did you not ask if it was growing on anyone? I don't want to be critical, but maybe you should consider asking for feedback limited to people who like the cheap little shitbox of a bike. Love it or hate it, HD is an upscale bike that emphasizes fit, finish, and quality. Is it not reasonable to assume that current owners may not appreciate an exercise in slapping an HD sticker on a bike that is essentially opposite of their demonstrated taste in a bike?

I like nice high quality bikes. If I wanted a cheap shitbox I'd save some money and buy one without an HD logo on the tank. That sticker overprices the bike by at least a grand.

EDIT: Trust me, this keyboard warrior is exactly the same in person.
Yes, I asked for opinions on the topic and you proceeded to interject with, "Oh goody, another Streetrod thread...". If that is supposed to be an opinion on the bike, I apologize. I took it as an off-topic, nonsensical comment. I've been around here for a while and have witnessed your actions on other threads. You enjoy giving smart-mouthed comments in an attempt to get under people's skin. I'm not faulting you. I don't quite grasp the fascination, but I discern that it gets your rocks off. Hey, have fun! Anyways, I see you dislike the bike by the vulgar language you chose to describe it. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement