Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Show your Cusomized VRSCR's!!! (Post some pics)

164K views 503 replies 186 participants last post by  Hogpro 
#1 ·
Just curious to see what people are doing to these bikes. I wasn't too fond of the R's at first untill I seen one at the dealership. Man, they look loads better in person! Mid controls still are not my thang as I like fwd controls of the A's and B's better, but I would like to see what you guys/gals are doing to your rides! Do they make Fwd controls for the R's?

Later
Gary

#2 ·
DungeonWorks said:
Just curious to see what people are doing to these bikes. I wasn't too fond of the R's at first untill I seen one at the dealership. Man, they look loads better in person! Mid controls still are not my thang as I like fwd controls of the A's and B's better, but I would like to see what you guys/gals are doing to your rides! Do they make Fwd controls for the R's?

Later
Gary
As I hate forward controls, StreetRod was the only choice for me. Originally I ordered orange one, but finally I took black one - being available immediately. Anyway after airbrush she looks quite differently now, so what.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Fuel tank
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

Arlen Ness Lowering Kit
Corbin Close Holywood Solo + Pillion
License Plate Frame
X2 Grips
Chrome Switch Housing and Caps Kits
Chrome Low Sissy Bar
Chrome Fender Base Plate
Chrome Luggage Rack
Chrome Passenger Footpeg Brackets
Engine Guard
Chrome Upper & Lower Belt Guards
Coolant Hose Chrome Cover
Power Commander w/Semi Top Less and Drilled Exhaust
Bars Shortened approx. by 1,5''
Rifle Fairing w/mini Blinkers
Gauge moved forward under Fairing
Airbrush

That I did during winter, which hopefully ended last week, now is a time for riding, so no mods anymore. Btw. engine guards are the only thing I don't like, they look strange, but after my brother's Dyna felt down and broke his leg I decided to mount them on.

Jefff

#355 ·
As I hate forward controls, StreetRod was the only choice for me. Originally I ordered orange one, but finally I took black one - being available immediately. Anyway after airbrush she looks quite differently now, so what.

View attachment 52814 View attachment 52815 View attachment 52816 View attachment 52817

Arlen Ness Lowering Kit
License Plate Frame
X2 Grips
Chrome Low Sissy Bar
Chrome Fender Base Plate
Chrome Luggage Rack
Engine Guard
Airbrush

That I did during winter, which hopefully ended last week, now is a time for riding, so no mods anymore. Btw. engine guards are the only thing I don't like, they look strange, but after my brother's Dyna felt down and broke his leg I decided to mount them on.

Jefff
Awesome JOB!!!! Where did you get the head light cover from? Your bike looks great!:D

#4 ·
Damn! My camera is dead! As soon as its charged I'll get some pics up!

JE Illusions Aluminum Flame Paint
Caliber Exhaust
Skull Mirrors
Diamond Plate Grips
Chrome Belt Guards
Sundowner Seat
Baseplate & Mini Sissybar

#7 ·
DungeonWorks said:

Later
Gary
Yeah you can take the forward controls off of and A or B and change the lower frame rails and you have forward controls on an R. Check out xstrod's gallery.

#8 ·
Cool thanks!

NW_R, I saw your bike in your mod thread....your exhaust turned out pretty dang cool!

Any of you guys start on an A or B model VR? How's the ride/handling compare?

Gary

#9 ·
Jefff, did you lower the front too? Looks good like that.
I have just started. I don't have 200miles on the odometer yet. I will be making changes at the 500mile check. Maybe the CVO engine upgrade. I want to go with the Daytona VRFI setup too. For now just exterior mods, for traveling fun.

Attachments

#15 ·
jefff said:

View attachment 52814 View attachment 52815 View attachment 52816 View attachment 52817

Arlen Ness Lowering Kit
License Plate Frame
X2 Grips
Chrome Low Sissy Bar
Chrome Fender Base Plate
Chrome Luggage Rack
Engine Guard
Airbrush

Jefff
Absolutely beautiful Jeff. That's gotta be the sweetest bike in Prague.

#16 ·
Chrome Baby

Haven't done much to customize per say but I have added a lot of BLING to my bike... but the price they charge the stuff ought to be gold!!! I mean it isn't radical customization but I think it cleaned it up nicely and I get tons of looks and compliments. Pics take up a lot of room on the page so check out my gallery If you wnat to see what some chrome would do to clean up you front end and sides, oh and back.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=10203

#17 ·
Gilbert VRSCR said:
Haven't done much to customize per say but I have added a lot of BLING to my bike... but the price they charge the stuff ought to be gold!!! I mean it isn't radical customization but I think it cleaned it up nicely and I get tons of looks and compliments. Pics take up a lot of room on the page so check out my gallery If you want to see what some chrome would do to clean up you front end and sides, oh and back.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=10203
What chrome have you put on? Everything still looks polished to me:stilpoke:, looks like you still have the stock swing arm too, other than you master cylinders and control housings. Did you chrome you cam covers. If you want to see chrome look at my gallery. Chrome, chrome, chrome...:thumb: If you want to save some money buy the stuff from Zanotti's, Hales, or Chicago HD. It will save you alot of money, unless you work at a dealership. There is a 100-200%mark up on items. Especially motorclothes. I have worked at a dealer since Jan. and all I can say is WOW...

#18 ·
bremo76VRSCR said:
What chrome have you put on? Everything still looks polished to me:stilpoke:, looks like you still have the stock swing arm too, other than you master cylinders and control housings. Did you chrome you cam covers. If you want to see chrome look at my gallery. Chrome, chrome, chrome...:thumb: If you want to save some money buy the stuff from Zanotti's, Hales, or Chicago HD. It will save you alot of money, unless you work at a dealership. There is a 100-200%mark up on items. Especially motorclothes. I have worked at a dealer since Jan. and all I can say is WOW...
Hey we all can't work for uncle H-D the front end is pretty much all I have done, radiator hose, horn cover, rear light. But considering I have had mine two months I thought I was doing pretty good. Considering the master cylinders was like 6 bills. I haven't had as much time as you but like I said we can't get the employee discount. :box2

#19 ·
Gilbert VRSCR said:
Hey we all can't work for uncle H-D the front end is pretty much all I have done, radiator hose, horn cover, rear light. But considering I have had mine two months I thought I was doing pretty good. Considering the master cylinders was like 6 bills. I haven't had as much time as you but like I said we can't get the employee discount. :box2
I did 95% of my mods before working :bash: :duel: :karate :box at H-D. By buying parts from Zanotti's. You have got to look around and not pay retail. Save some money. I had big 8 boxes of parts when I picked up my bike that I had got from Zanotti's while I was waiting to pick it up. So I did just as much in the first 2 days, as you have done it 2 months. :stilpoke: :rofl: I got the master cylinders on eBay for $400 shipped:stilpoke: . And a lot of other parts on eBay. I had to beg, borrow, and steal to find parts when I got my bike last Apr. Nobody knew what would fit and thought that nothing from the other models would. I Only worked at H-d for 5 months, bought more clothes and jackets then anything.:hiding:...

#22 ·
bremo76VRSCR said:
I did 95% of my mods before working :bash: :duel: :karate :box at H-D. By buying parts from Zanotti's. You have got to look around and not pay retail. Save some money. I had big 8 boxes of parts when I picked up my bike that I had got from Zanotti's while I was waiting to pick it up. So I did just as much in the first 2 days, as you have done it 2 months. :stilpoke: :rofl: I got the master cylinders on eBay for $400 shipped:stilpoke: . And a lot of other parts on eBay. I had to beg, borrow, and steal to find parts when I got my bike last Apr. Nobody knew what would fit and thought that nothing from the other models would. I Only worked at H-d for 5 months, bought more clothes and jackets then anything.:hiding:...
:notworth: :notworth: I give I just haven't spent as much time as you at trying to find the deals because I haven't been in the HD family as long didn't realize that you could get this stuff other places. But now that I have been set straight maybe I will do some more mods but you know my bike is pretty good without much more maybe it is time to go internal.

#24 ·
RicoSuave said:
My R...................seats..........shocks.....forks reworked (progressive susp/ set up). Gils box, k&N filter..mufflers drilled....braided coolent hose..and chrome water pump cover....buddies Jap bikes havin fits. It'll use the whole tire! :thumb: :kaz:
Nice!!! What kind of shocks do you have on the rear? Also, what kit did you use on the front end(the progressive susp/ set up)? How much did you lower you bike front/rear?

#25 ·
Gilbert VRSCR said:
:notworth: :notworth: I give I just haven't spent as much time as you at trying to find the deals because I haven't been in the HD family as long didn't realize that you could get this stuff other places. But now that I have been set straight maybe I will do some more mods but you know my bike is pretty good without much more maybe it is time to go internal.
What do you mean pretty good? :stilpoke: :stooge: The stock R has along way to go in my opinion from when you get it from H-D. All the polished crap really kills the look of the bike. I don't know why it could have a chrome kit option like the D? I was just trying to tell you where to save some money. No matter how much you like you dealer, don't pay full retail. YOU WILL GET IT BROKE OFF IN YOU...:mad: What do you plan to do internally? Are you gonna do it your self? Who are you going to use? Eagle??

#26 ·
bremo76VRSCR said:
What do you mean pretty good? :stilpoke: :stooge: The stock R has along way to go in my opinion from when you get it from H-D. All the polished crap really kills the look of the bike. I don't know why it could have a chrome kit option like the D? I was just trying to tell you where to save some money. No matter how much you like you dealer, don't pay full retail. YOU WILL GET IT BROKE OFF IN YOU...:mad: What do you plan to do internally? Are you gonna do it your self? Who are you going to use? Eagle??
I probably do the work myself since the dealer has really let me down I keep finding things they screwed up everytime I take it there. like they put the radiator line upside downthey also stripped out a bolt that holds the radiator line to the top of the cam cover. Hell if I have them do something where it matters they might really screw it up.I want to put a new clutch in and go with a big bore eventually but that will be a while. I have stuck with he polished for weight reasons don't know why I am not going to race it but just haven't made up my mind yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.