Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

V-Rod riders are Squids

15K views 105 replies 54 participants last post by  Vambo 
#1 ·
Huh? I was informed today by a few buddies that ride I with that most Harley riders don't consider Vrods real harleys. Also, I found out that the majority of V-ROD owners are new to riding and buy there vrod as there first bike for the cool factor. I will say this is my first Harley but coming from sportbike racing, I wanted to have a smoother transition by getting a VRod than going to a full blown cruiser. Is this true all true? If it is I give a rats ass cause I really like my V-Rod. :D

#97 ·
I RODE RACE BIKES ON THE STREET AND ON RACE TRACK KNEE DRAGGIN HEAVEN NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD GET A HARLEY ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY WERE NOT RELIABLE. WHEN I SAW SOME VRODS GO BY ONE DAY I KNEW I WAS GETTING ONE. THEY ARE BAD A$$ AND WE ALL KNOW IT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS RIDE ONE...:bat SQUID????

#105 ·
well, willie G's dream turned into my dream bike and after 7 years it stillputs a smile on my face. no other bike fit my like my NRS and i tried to stay away from the HD stealers i tried the m109r first and its a torque monster but it was like sitting on a snowmobile that can fall over. the warrior was nice but lacked the power compared to the 9. triumph rocketIII i couldn't ride it unless i had it slammed 3 inches. i liked the fat back tire look and so i broke down and tried the 06 se and my leg couldn't clear the exhaust so then i tried the DX and my a$$ will not sit willingly on another bike again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.