Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

whats the best exhaust for hp gains?

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  AndyV 
#1 ·
I just bought my 2008 vrod and what to get the biggest gains when i buy my exhaust. i dont care about how loud they are or what they look like. I am sure this question has been asked alot. but I am new on here and could only find opinions.

#2 ·
Stock.
Everyone talks about horsepower gains from pipes and a tune, then they attribute the gain to the pipe. Everything I've ever seen points to the gain coming from the tune.

The only thing I've ever seen that could be considered a semi-valid test were a few people here that were at a dyno shootout. Two or three posted, and they said the bikes with stock pipes made the most horsepower.

With that said, the 2 into 2 pipes kill horsepower. Beyond that, buy whatever you like.

The reality is that there isn't much you can do to get more out of a V-Rod. A good tune helps a lot, beyond that, cams will get you another 10 to 15 ponys. If you want big horsepower you need to go big bore or forced induction.

#6 ·
thanks for the input. this is my first harley so i did not know which direction to go. i defintly need pipes on this bike though. my bike sounds like a prius. ha ha. its just sad. i have the vance and hines fuel pak already. picked it up from a friend cheap. i was thinking about running the vance and hines competition exhaust. does anyone know of some one running this exhaust, and how did they like it.

#11 ·
The best exhaust for HP would be the one made by Trask :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.