Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Thunderheader

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  speedinsteve 
#1 ·
I put a set of Rinehart 2-2 pipes on my bike last year, and noticed right away that the performance really suffered(especially torque). I'm thinking about installing a Thunderheader and was just looking for some feedback from other SE owners.
Thanks,

#2 ·
Good sounding and LOUD with good performance in the mid-upper rpm's. I think they perform similar to the Supertrapp with no end cap or discs. Maybe the best sounding 2-1 as well as performing.

#4 ·
Not yet, but I can take a few...or you could just use the search function up top if you can't wait for me. Lots of people have posted pics of their bikes with them around here.

Here's one from Thunderheader...

#6 ·
If they had some sort of baffle I would buy them. I love their looks. For my average 2-3 hour jaunt at 70-80 it is just TOO LOUD!

#7 ·
Great pipe, definitely loud which i like. Usually a little dip in the middle but a good tuner can level it out for you. I have put a few different pipes on bike but i still continue to go right back to my TH. Sounds great at idle and at WOT. If you search around you can find a sound clip of it. If i get time i will get a clip for you and a pic on my bike.

#9 ·
Agreed... the performance is top notch; but I've often wished they were quieter and never wished they were louder. You might want to keep looking. Hit the search function and I bet someone has posted an mp3 of any exhaust system you can think of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.