Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"D" picture thread

58K views 225 replies 89 participants last post by  frogman_h2o 
#1 ·
is there an "D" picture thread?? i've looked through the last 15 or so pages but??

#136 ·
Hate to bug again, but is that the H-D Black Ice wheels? If so anything special that needed to be done with the spacers?

#138 ·
LOL no worries... that is stock wheels powdercoated gloss black. rear wheels is kosman widened to 8.5". If you have 07 then you need to play with spacer and bearing coz your axle is a 25.4mm and (I think) the Black Ice is set for 25mm (08+) not impossible, just extra parts and research...

Andy... lovin your set up... Those look like the '08 Miller Lite Colors.
Where is your speedo...?
thanks! speedo is relocated using ms-biketec bracket, checkout this thread
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153184

#139 ·
Thank you again. I've done the research, snowmobile bearings (easy to do) and a custom set of bearings (not so easy) to put the Mussel wheels on a 07.

#148 ·
Ken, you don't need snowmobile bearings or custom bearings, pulley or any of that other stuff... everything will fit. You will just need to shave down a spacer on the rear wheel for it to align properly. If you look at rear muscle wheel while its off there is a slight lip on one side, which you need to compensate for with a little by shaving the spacer which sits next to it. I been riding for two years on it.

#142 ·
OH. We are adding Stangs to the mix as well. OK here is mine.

And my '07 D.

#151 ·
Most of the D parts has been replaced but her heart is still a D. Here are some pictures of my 06D which I picked her up last July. One of the D feature that I love are the mid-controls which are still on the bike. I installed some parts from the A (i.e. headlight, seats, DXA tins, etc) and the solid wheels which was machined by Gorby's. here's the transformation, thanks for looking.

#152 ·
Done with mods for this week

Clutch and pivot covers from Superchicken!

Attachments

#155 ·
Wow. Bravo, sgt. That is styling and tasteful. Great job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.