Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

should I trade in my 2012 Streeb Bob for a Vrod?

3K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  ItsMeBraulio 
#1 ·
I have had my 2012 SB now for over 6 months and love it, but have always had eyes for the look of the Vrod. Im 5'6 and not sure if the Vrod would be as comfy of a ride for long distance riding with my 2 brothers. I do know they make a touring fuel cell for the Vrod so you dont have to stop as much to fuel up. Just in a pickle and since I live in Washington its been raining to much to go test ride on. I might have to wait till spring to do so. Any help or suggestions would be nice.

erievon

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I HAVE a 2012.
My opinion is a 5-foot-6 rider will not be happy.
I am 5-foot-9 and the riding position is barely tolerable. In fact, it's still verging on being a deal breaker for me.
The earlier versions are torture racks not meant for normal size humans.

#10 ·
I disagree wholeheartedly. My 04 A with a Sundowner is very comfortable except for the reduced reach bars. I plan to put the stockers back on so I don't feel as cramped. Oh and I'm 5'10 after an hour on the inversion table.

#12 ·
I traded My FLD for a '12 VRSCF this past summer.

They are totally different animals.

The FLD is a LA-Z-Boy recliner compared to the F. From the comfy seat to the full size floorboards the FLD is cushy. Easy to strip the bags and screen off. Decent torque in the 103". It even corners pretty easy and confidently.

But that wasn't good enough for me. Oh, No.

Ignored it for awhile, but I just could not stop from bouncing it off the rev limiter: at 5200 rpm. Yes 5200.

Which coincidentally is right about where the F starts to really haul the mail.

More room in the saddlebags, but they don't come with them, and they take 20x longer to remove. Windscreens are equally as easy to remove.

Seat is, to me, good for the long haul. I miss the floorboards, but you can up for pegs that flip heel supports out. To switch up on a long day I can also put my feet on the rear pegs for a break.

It does not corner as well as the FLD. In fact it is a little odd at first having the wheel fight you as you lean on it, but you get over it.

Gas tank is about the same size and the F is really not that much thirstier than the FLD it's just that with the F you find yourself doing 'The Ton' a lot more.

I started calling the FLD the 'Road Queen' because it looked a little wimpy and the bags were too small. When the speed was up it felt like you had to make the FLD work a lot more than the F to get to and maintain speed.

I miss the floorboards and the torque, but that's it. The F often draws people to it. It is comfy enough to ride 400 miles in a day. Has a definite giggle factor when it comes to speed. And it looks a lot more butch than the FLDRQ.

My jean leg is 32. I don't mind the stretch at all.

Love the VRod.

#17 ·
Had a 2008 Street Bob. Now 2010 VRSCA. VROD smoother less vibes, ride position is okay. Love the ABS would never have another new bike without it. I have a riders back rest installed. If I were going on long rides would add a pad to the seat or put on a Sundowner. Water cooled makes a big difference during the summer. Street Bob sounded better stock. VRSCA stock is pretty quiet. Gets a lot of looks and comments. 0-60 is so fast its a bit scary. :)

#20 ·
I'm 5'5" and I traded a 2002 superglide converted to a wide glide. For a 2003 v-rod. I don't know if the rod was already tailored for the previous owner who was about my height but I fit very easy on it. It's nice and low with 2 very different seats. Cfr and sundowner. It might have reduced reach pegs. Comfort wise, the dyna was much more Comfy on long rides but not half as fun. Also eats a lot more gas than my old 88ci.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

#21 ·
I'm 5'5" and I traded a 2002 superglide converted to a wide glide. For a 2003 v-rod. I don't know if the rod was already tailored for the previous owner who was about my height but I fit very easy on it. It's nice and low with 2 very different seats. Cfr and sundowner. It might have reduced reach pegs. Comfort wise, the dyna was much more Comfy on long rides but not half as fun. Also eats a lot more gas than my old 88ci.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
I hear ya my old softail, 40mpg, Muscle, 30mpg for same driving scenarios

#26 ·
well not many guys are 5'6 and trying to reach the pegs

being short makes it difficult to reach the forward pegs and use the rear brake or shift. I dont see many after market parts to bring them back a few inches without having parts cnc for you. I love the forward control look and want to put them on my Street bob but I can reach them but then my legs are just about locked. lol Highway pegs would be nice too. but nope. I know there is a few seats to push u forward and once the weather gets a little better here in WA i will go test ride a Vrod and just see how the forward controls fit. Its easy to say just mod something when your not of my hight. LOL

#27 ·
H-D Mid Mount kit for 07 & later DX

H-D offers a midmount kit for '07 & later DX models.

P/N 41967-07B

#35 ·
Perfect example here if you like the bike and youncan accustom your self to riding it at the end of the day you like the way you feel on it.. I'm 6' 0" I have no problems reaching pegs or bars my brother is around 5' 8" and doesn't see a problem with him having to reach a little he loves the bike says its a lot smoother shifting and riding then his (M109R)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.