Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Custom Gauge faces

52K views 275 replies 62 participants last post by  Knut J 
#1 ·
New to the forum here. I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to supply their gauge face for me to make a custom one for the V-Rod. I will return your OEM face/dial to you as well as the custom one I make for your V-Rod at no cost to you. I already make custom ones for other Harley's and would like to make one for the V-Rod. If interested contact me by Email or view my Facebook page under Gravestarr Customs to view what I have done for other Bikes.

#2 · (Edited)
Sure, when do you want it? I have a spare so there'd be no hurry.

Edit: Where in OK? Might be able to deliver - will be in the Sherman area later today, for a couple of days.
If in/near, say, Cherokee or, ahem, JR, Hominy - forget it! Those guys there party too hard for an ol' phart!

#3 ·
Ah.. when you do open up combine it with a few lights of mine...:D

(i'm not into graphics just colors or white)

PM me if you need a copy of the old and one of the newer dial plates. i have test/mock up speedo's for my boards.

#4 ·
I've got one as well.
Let me know and I can have it in the mail Tuesday

#5 · (Edited)
I am in Perkins OK. Colors or Graphics are no problem. These dials are made up as you request. So there are no standard types I make each one is requested by somebody. But all the graphics I use can be reused for any dial including the V-Rod once I am provided a stock dial to make the template(s).The irst one to donate his/her dial receives it at n/c after that there is a fee for each dial. Thanks for the interest.

#8 ·
i am a little over a hour from you.. i am very interested!

#9 ·
Daylon bugs me.

Just sayin'

#10 ·
Lol why ya say that???!!!!???

#11 ·
LOL....I'm kidding honey.
It's all you. You need a new one for your green machine.
I already have a new one.
Besides...my CP has a newer V and this guy wants an early model.

#13 ·
Actually I was wanting both since there seems to be a difference. Gator said he could supply a 07 model. So whichever that one is I also need the other one. Have not heard from anyone else so far. So if you have the one I do not have PM me and we can go from there. Check out Facebook page under Gravestarr Customs for other dials made. I do other Harley's as well as some other cruisers.

#14 ·
I was wondering if you've gotten the gauge set. I have an 08 (has the ABS light) for the project sitting around.

I'd offer up an 06 R gauge set, but Franklin Designs borrowed it over a year ago and hasn't returned it yet.

So, how long do you need to borrow it? PM me the address and I'll get it in the post.

#17 · (Edited)
Well, ahhh, errm, ahem, rereading the thread, I realized that I sent the faceplate off the Euro IM (Kph markings) and that with a 67393-01B P/N it is undoubtedly an "early" model. I'll pull and send the face off the '07 in the morning.

Feel free to post any pics you want.

EDIT:
Per e-mail this morning, an ol' friend is flying home Monday, after many months in "the sandbox," and riding up for a visit. He's wanted to ride the Street Rod for 3 1/2years and it looks like now's the time. Holding off on pulling the IM until after his burst of exuberance.

#16 ·
Dutch,,, I want green lights and blue needles.. Can we swing that and have gravestarr do the face?

#18 ·
No problem Jedi... just contact me here or fill out the contact page with that request on my website. When you open up for the faceplate you also drop my board in and have a freaking nice mod in one afternoon or evening...

I have not finished the RGB type yet for 02 to 06 otherwise you could have chosen any color for needle or dial afterwards.

#28 ·
Fixed it..

Custom gauge faces by GRAVESTAR

Gauge Led lights by DUTCHROD DutchCustomLed

#20 ·
Another Data Point

Just dawned on me that you might not know that the VRSCR instrument bezels are different to the others - different IM (67395-06B) in a different housing with a different bezel and a different look. Does the lack of the left side of the "speedo surround" open up any other options for gage faces?

Edit: Hmmm, Pics didn't attach even though everything looked "normal." Will try to edit them in later.

#22 ·
'07 vrscr im

Coming up - tried to post the pics last night but no joy. Dunno what's wrong but it's apparently affecting everyone - see luxlamf's Bike of the Year Contest thread, at all stop due to inability to upload pics.

Dang! That gage face you did is SHARP! Fwd'd the pic to Stevel in England, whence I got the IM.

#23 ·
So, when all is beta tested - how much for a plain white one for a 09AW? Thanks, Joe

#24 ·
I want pics when your done, please!:vrod:

#27 ·
there is a picture of a R speedo in my website's gallery (with DCL VG RB 01 led board btw).

http://dutchcustomled.homeip.net/gallery.php

Jim made me a stunning customfaceplate for my speedo in hours !!!. He feels good what somone wants and a half wordt wase enough. I can post that one here but jim is waiting for my productlogo to finalize the design.

#29 ·
I was thinking of looking at the electronics on the gauge cluster to see if the TECH and SPEEDO inputs could be swapped (Dutch can chime in here anytime if he knows). So instead of getting a big analog tach and shift light, I can keep my gauge pod and just mount a shift light to it.

This, of course, would require a gauge face with speedo numbers on the left, and tach numbers in the center...

Rick

#30 ·
Hmmm, that would be possible in hardware but requires chirurgical work to the electronics. The servo's underneath in the electronics are the same so the wires can be swapped, but not easy...
There is another but... the servo would act like it wase in it's original place.. the speed at the side would need a full rotation and the rpm's a half like a muscle gauge... the 'normal' inside plastic prevents the needle to rotate further.. i cannot break in the software to swap functions..
A F muscle gauge or a R gauge would open up more possibility's.

Oooeps sorry starzzz, i posted a purple one :D

#31 ·
Oooeps sorry starzzz, i posted a purple one :D
]
SPANK!!! LOL. (looks great!)

Jim @ Gravestar- so very excited to get the faceplate back. Folks- I sent him a very brief email and a few bad pics and he turned it into a final image that was better than I had even conjured up in my mind.
So very excited!

#32 ·
:popcorn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.