Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Fob battery...tip of the day.

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  harleynurse 
#1 ·
Power Failure happens about every two years. After refueling today, my vrod panic signals activated and engine wouldn't start. So I calmly cracked open the FOB compartment, removed the battery & quickly reinserted. Ignition on and started. ~so.... I'll stop @ the grocery store and replace the ENERGIZER battery #CR2032 stat.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Or you can program in some 5 diget number then spend 2 hours on trying to remember how to input it.

#3 ·
The cashier gave me a $4 battery coupon & her seven digit phone number....thankyou very much! Bonus x2!

#10 ·
All three of my vrods have battery life of 5 to 7 years. FOB battery lasts 2 years max. All I need is a perimeter alarm for vehicles in reverse.

#16 ·
I've alternative gate alarms,glock,bells,cameras,pitbulls,44mag,locks and whistles at home....no need for anything else.

#17 ·
I needed this fob tip two days ago, spent an hour installing hanny riser and couldn't wait to test it out only to find the bike wouldn't start, tried the spare key and same thing so didn't think it was they fob, went to Harley dealer and the service dude said change the fob battery man it that simple. That all it was, first change since 09.

".......On the road again"

#20 ·
That's why I belong to this forum....trouble shootin' is a breeze with all these daily on-line VR-Pro's advice:notworth:... Just use the above google search top left.....or Quick search top right. *To bad the search function won't find THREE LETTER WORDS like..."FOB" dammit.
Other then this forum....."Trial & error" and "riding & networking" with other v-rodder's has been a blessing to me since 2003.

#18 ·
Geez guys........
Solution is easy.
When Daylight Savings Time changes, it's BATTERY DAY!!!

Cars, Boats, Motorcycles, Riding mowers.........Check the "installed date" (don't forget the wife's car!)

Battery operated clocks, clocks with backup batteries, emergency flashlights, SMOKE ALARMS, "system battery" for your CPU, watches, etc.

Keep two lists, Fall and Spring, similar but separate.......A four year old car battery may live Spring through Summer, but do you want to trust the same battery in your wife's car through a brutal winter?

In anticipation of riding season I change the key fob battery ANNUALLY, remote alarm too (yes it may last two years but why worry how long it will last). Cheap insurance.

Arizona residents? Come on.....it's in the news for days ahead. You can do it, too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.