Danmoto Exhaust: Anyone who bought them still happy? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 04-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
storx
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Danmoto Exhaust: Anyone who bought them still happy?

Well finding out my baffles were shot in my screamin eagle exhaust and how much rust is all over the pipes when taking it all apart i was kinda glad it had chrome shields over it all.. but after taking the busted baffles out and taking it for a ride today.. i am extremely unhappy with the sound.. sounds just terrible..

So i ordered a set of Danmoto Highwayman 2 in 1 stainless, seen that they had a stainless set $249 on ebay while the black was $299... i decided to try the stainless out on the bike and trash this rusty SE exhaust... hope the purchase isn't a pile of junk... had $17 in ebay bucks about to expire.. so used them up to bring the price down to nearly $230 bucks...
storx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
Wind Walker
Registered Full

I have been running the Danmoto pipe for the last four years and I have been extremely happy with it, but they can be a pain in the butt to install.
Wind Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
izcain
Registered Full

They are a great exhaust for the money. Just remember and keep that in mind when you have to work it over a little bit to get it to fit perfect. I had one and fitted it all up but then scored another exhaust I wanted more for super cheap so I never ran it.
izcain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2017, 09:30 PM   #4
storx
Registered Full

thanks guys, i just wanna ride.. im not looking to make the bike a beauty queen that i have to spend an hour every weekend cleaning.. i just want it to sound better than it does now lol.. the looks of it isnt perfectly fitting to the vrod.. but the note in the videos i heard was pretty decent..
Old 04-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
Wind Walker
Registered Full

It's a great looking and sounding exhaust. It's also a great performance pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0_1491793009623.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	501985  
Wind Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
kntdrv
Registered Full

You'll be surprised how much weight will be stripped off the bike by installing the short pipe! The bike will no longer want to lean over (right side) when you're stopped......
CFR Pipe
Drag bars

joi gin
kntdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:09 AM   #7
donk
Registered Full

After seeing this post and doing some youtubing -- this seems like a good alternative to the Vance and Hines 2-1.

Hmmm......
donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
kandekilla
Registered Full

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252765430952...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
kandekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:49 AM   #9
donk
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandekilla View Post
Man sounds way louder. Plus $200 more than danmoto.

My only concern with the Danmoto is the finish holding up. Wonder if it would make sense to do any kind of extra/better coating before installing to help?
donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #10
storx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk View Post
Man sounds way louder. Plus $200 more than danmoto.

My only concern with the Danmoto is the finish holding up. Wonder if it would make sense to do any kind of extra/better coating before installing to help?
Since the Danmoto is so short and such a small amount of work to put on and take off.. if it starts to discolor ill take it off and paint it with exhaust paint or wrap it with heat wrap tape... It seems from the few post i found the only ones with discoloration issues is the black version turning grey/white.... All the stainless ones just seem to turn colorful...
Old 04-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #11
storx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandekilla View Post
I was going to get that in stainless.. seen it on ebay.. but after doing some research most had to add baffles because they claimed it was to loud since its a baffless setup
Old 04-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #12
Moler
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The stainless finish may be fine but the Black finish on them is absolutely junk. Mine is off getting ceramic coated now. I also extended the can 8" and added a baffle.
Moler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #13
storx
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moler View Post
The stainless finish may be fine but the Black finish on them is absolutely junk. Mine is off getting ceramic coated now. I also extended the can 8" and added a baffle.
thats what i have read.. in the past i sanded and polished the exhaust on my old KTM and applied clear high heat engine paint and it stayed super clear for a long time
Old 04-11-2017, 03:17 AM   #14
CycleSavage
Registered Full

Garage
No complaints on my stainless setup. I put Supertrapp discs on it but it's still plenty loud.
CycleSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #15
Alsodavid
Registered Full

I just put on the Bassani Road rage 2. I had both them and the heat shield ceramic coated mainly for heat management, but I expect they should last longer. I was also told that it will improve performance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Alsodavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement