MS-BikeTec rear fender/seat/Arnott...... - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCDX
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 02-21-2017, 07:12 PM   #31
NRS Eric
Back In Black

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I didn't even attempt to notify him. After waiting forever to get the fender, I just paid my painter to fix it.

I also did the pulley mod about 3 - 4 weeks ago. It's worth doing...Sounds like you also have plenty of other things to keep yourself busy! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2017, 11:56 PM   #32
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

I let him know. No reply of coarse.

It was driving me crazy so cut out of work early to fix it. A piece of steel, some rivets, and a piece of wood and problem solved. Used some PL Premium glue in there along with the rivets. Will fiberglass over the repair to both hide it and strengthen it up when I get a chance. But, the cover fits perfect now.
Will repair the tab that broke during shipping at the same time. Still need to work on the speedo alignment. It's just a tad off and may be an easy fix. But I may want to angle it towards the rider rather than flush mounted. In other words, fiberglass it in at an angle.

Lining it up.

IRON MAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:13 AM   #33
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

Also, got some pics of my bars being made.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:15 AM   #34
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

Ok, moving forward again. Finished the airbox repair. I fiberglass'd over the repair, then went over it with fiberglass reinforced bondo. It is as solid as it will ever need to be, lol
Will fool with the speedo area this weekend.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:25 AM   #35
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

I started extending wiring harnesses as well. Need to relocate a few things. The TSSM needs to go up in the airbox. I extended the Purge Solenoid plug up to the battery area. That is for the dam Cali emissions along with the charcoal canister. What I found was I can unhook the canister and either leave the Purge Solenoid in place, or use PN: 72529-01(resistor terminating purge). I'm gonna see if I can order the resistor for it when I order a new gasket for under the airbox. PN:29439-01. Gonna swap in some new plugs while there. Get the airbox back on then see how many components I can fit in there!

I also need to sell my PCV. It just won't fit. The two big harness plus just take up too much room. Hopefully I can off it to help pay for a Power Vision.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:48 PM   #36
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

Made it over to Harley yesterday to pick up some parts. Spark plugs, lower airbox gasket, the resistor to delete the charcoal canister, and the 3 bearings for the rear wheel assembly. I may pull the swing arm as well to check those bearings. If I do, will have the swing powder coated a matte black rather than the gloss. Or plasti-dip it.

Also, look what showed up!!!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #37
monstervrod
Registered Full

Hi there how wide is your fiberglass fender ?
monstervrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #38
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstervrod View Post
Hi there how wide is your fiberglass fender ?
I can measure it if needed, but it fits up to a 260 rear tire. They sell different sized rear fenders. The one I got is for the 240 - 260 tire. They have one for a 280 tire as well as a 300.
Let me know if you need anymore info.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #39
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

Been busy working on my Corvette so the bike got moved to number two for a bit. Although I have still been making progress. Doing a bunch of soldering trying to relocate parts from under the seat. Will have the Arnott compressor and air manifold up in the airbox, as well as the TSSM unit. I deleted the purge solenoid/air canister smog crap and extended the harness to place the required resistor in the airbox as well. Have also been getting parts painted and ready to go back on. I pulled the swing arm to paint and wire up for the side plate and signal/brake lights.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:49 PM   #40
Fastbiker
Registered Full

Question Hows it going?

How are things going with your build? You get all the electronics relocated?
Fastbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #41
IRON MAIDEN
Registered Full

Yes. Moved a few things up into the airbox. The lighting harness and relay now sit on the right side frame cavity. Where previous models have the ignition. Will either build a cover for it or use a frame bag to cover it. Swapped out all the bearings in the rear wheel setup, one was bad. Waiting on new tires to start putting it back together. Still painting the airbox. Just ordered the rear lighting and will have to glass it into the edge of the rear fender. Seat needs to be covered still. $$$$
Really want to change the front fender and headlight. But may get it riding first and change them as I go. It's nice to present it finished 100% right out the gate, but I miss riding the damn thing!
The bars I'm having made still are not done. Guy is in the UK and has been great to work with, but it's taking a bit too long for my tastes. Need them asap so I can extend the harnesses if needed and possibly order longer clutch/brake lines.
Only new photo is of my new 26T front pulley. I used an old blacksmithing trick on it.
Brass finish.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #42
jfisher
Registered Full

Sweet looking build!
jfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement