Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Turn signal problems

943 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Erichofer77 
#1 ·
Just bought another set of aftermarket rear signal lights and the right one is not getting any power but both fronts work and the left rear works. Checked fuses etc. tested wires and no juice with switch on to the right side. I think it may have shorted out. But not sure where to look. Any ideas much appreciated...

#2 ·
Assuming you did nothing to the turn signal switch. You said the lights were used. Have you looked inside the right bulb housing to make sure you don't have a short that has damaged something else, or a wire pinched between the mount and the fender?

#3 ·
You are sure there is no power to the right side? Did you use a volt meter? Try swapping the plugs left to right and see if the fault follows. That way you'll know if power is at least making it to the jack side or not.

#5 ·
got it fixed

thanks for all you input. after checking the fuses and it was good i didnt realize that i hadnt checked the wires coming from the actual factory plug and guess what there was the problem the two wires were not connected to anything...problem solved and now im back to riding again thanks to all that inputed on the issue that why i love this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.