Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Foot peg

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Dereiter 
#1 ·
just purchased a 2012 nite rod. Vrscdx. I have been driving it at high speeds to only have my right foot only slide off the foot peg. thought it might be the shoe I was wearing and it seems to happen with all the shoes I wear. maybe just need to press down harder on the peg are locate my foot behind the break petal. anyone else had this problem. sorry if this has been answered are posting in wrong area. not good at these forums.:alien :alien:

#2 ·
Try hooking your boot toe under the brake lever, [not with much upward pressure] helps keep it located... even at above 100:)

#4 ·
#12 ·
hate when the tip slips out

The other thing you can try is to get a peg that has an adjustable clevis (will have a bolt where the female clevis touches the male part). Joker machine ones are real nice:

http://jokermachine.com/products/ha...able-serrated-footpegs-and-shifter- pegs.html

I went to this Joker peg on my 12DX and i havent slipped off since!! they are great platforms!:angeldev:

#5 ·
Try spraying that new "rough grip" grit paint on the rubber peg. Also......Vertically challenged(Short) riders typically have a difficult time with forward control foot grip/reach.

#6 · (Edited)
I found in most cases the shoe/boots being a problem; especially if wet, a little wet and or grease/oil from the road when at stops. When possible i go for the non slip soles (oil/water) like slip on work boot (lazy with laces). When on longer rides i went for the side zip up full tactical boot with gel inserts (link below). They come in various heights/colours, steel or soft caps and are damn comfortable and are a good talking piece when getting pulled over by the fuzz/gremlins.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/comefo.html

#8 · (Edited)
Worth noting i never used la police link re purchase of converse tac boots with side zip ups. I used it as a guide and eventually purchased from this link below as there is a bigger variety. I went desert as only so much black one can have on the NRS. Also worth noting if u register on some of these sites, put what u want in shopping basket but dont purchase? after a week they send a discount code and save some more cash. As for the converse boots with side zip ups, soft cap, i am willing to vouch for them compared to the garbage the army issued when i was serving/perving. Bottom line shop around for the best deal.

http://www.copshoes.com/c-converse-boots-shoes.html

#9 ·
Went through the same thing on my 2012 DX. I just found a way to stretch my legs and rest my ankles on the pegs. I am 6'3", so maybe it might not work for everyone. But once I found that one position, it feels like I'm reclined on my favorite chair while going down the freeway. Obviously, you MUST have a boot that atleast is a mid-top. Putting your ankle on there directly is not comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
I went with the Kuryakin (? sp) pegs with the adjustable heel rest. I didn't think I'd like them but I tried them on a friends V-Rod and man are they comfortable. They do stick out a bit farther than stock so they drag sooner, but I'm wearing them down every ride. I would highly recommend them if you're looking for all day riding comfort.

#16 ·
comfort is not as big as a concern as not having my foot side off the peg. that bothers me so that I don't want to have it happen with only holding on with one hand and lose control of my bike. I like the way the joker pegs are made with the look of a shark with it mouth open and showing all its jagged teeth. don't think any shoe is going any where with that design...:moped:

#20 ·
It is really a "I'm ok" until "Not ok" situation. I make the 3" extensions and when I first did the prototype I used the existing bolt. It bent pretty bad and luckily I noticed it and replaced it. If you rest your foot on the peg and the heel rest equally you will never break it. The problem is when you put more pressure on the heel part you can stress the bolt. It is worth the $1 upgrade to get a good bolt. I am willing to send people the stainless bolt if they need it. Not trying to make a buck or anything just giving a heads up....

-Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.