Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Steeet rod or night rod

2K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  thegreyman 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a 2006 street rod or 2007 night rod. What would be a better pick? whats faster? Any feed back would be nice

#5 ·
I have an R and I am a big fan of the nightrod. That said, they are two different bikes. The R is a true classic naked roadster, a hybirf blend between a cruiser and a naked sport bike. For me it is a perfect urban bike and a decent weekend backroad carver.

the nightrod has more updated look and more sex appeal. That said, it blend of bar hoper and muscle cruiser.

I say test drive them both, and get the one you fell the most comfortable on.

If you are truly torn, you can can get a street rod, then add the nigtrod front cowling, so it looks quasi nightroddish. check out my photo album.

good luck

#7 ·
If its an Actual Night Rod (Not a DX) it should be quite a bit more expensive then the R as a Night Rod with Mid Controls and 180 rear tire are still very much in demand. R's you can find around here for little more than a good sized trash bag full of empty soda cans.

#8 ·
R's you can find around here for little more than a good sized trash bag full of empty soda cans.
:rofl2::cheers:
Feel the love???:D

#22 ·
I have an '06-D , I REALLY REALLY like this bike . It runs well ( SEPST ) , goes 2-up to suit me ( sundowner ) and looks awesome ( sexy deep red ) . That said , if I had to do it all over again and know what I know now , I would get an '06-R , and change the tins to ones from the D . I love the cluster of the R , and would like to have less rake and inverted forks .

#24 ·
If I could find a D for the price the new Scrambler I am getting is I woud buy it but locally they get top dollar, last one I saw was $14.5k out the door. I still think the D is the best model ever released thats not anodized.

#25 ·
Either bike is a great ride, I looked at the D but it was too cramped for my legs. The R I bought with out even sitting on it but it ended up being perfect for me. The R has a shorter wheel base and more lean angle, great for the corners. This makes it a love or hate ride and feel

. Read the posts above R riders are very fond of their rides and the haters who have not so much as put a leg over them trash them. Despite being named the best used bike by some cycle rag they are still pretty cheap. A very polarizing bike, love or hate. I would buy which one suits your riding style and comfort.

#26 ·
VRSCR is nimbler on the twisty's and VRSCD is better long distance. there's a loaded with everything VRSCR for sale in Baltimore MD for less than $8k and 700 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.