Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Supersports screen risers

2K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  jon1zc 
#1 ·
Hi

Im looking at purchasing a Supersports Screen for my 2002vrca
A couple of screens have recently come up on ebay.
My bike has modified bars fitted being lower and straightish.
I was concerned that the screen would be to low facing me,
I have seen extentions to raise the screen advertised or on here,
but connot remember where?,
These might not be needed but i want to be prepared for the worst

Thank you

#4 ·
Yup, all it did on mine (Besides ugling it up) was make the front end wobble and shake (running fast into the wind with a flat piece of plexi isnt productive for going through traffic?) and shooting all the wind directly into my neck and face. Took it off almost immediately.

#11 ·
Your guess is wrong in my case, ATGATT (even when riding at 130.)

Go eat some popcorn :laugh:

#13 ·
I did for more years than I want to admit (I'm old remember?)

Finally realised I'm not immortal.

#16 ·
Oh hush.

#18 ·
I have decided to put on hold buying a screen.
I am concerned that my bars will be too low and i would need extra long risers, longer than the pigel ones.
i have let a couple of screens go on ebay.
Lets hope i dont regret it:mad::banghead:
I've been waiting a long time for one to appear on ebay and then two appear in the same week.
As we say wait for a bus and then two arrive:).

#22 ·
Use the risers for the Mid-Sport Windshield for the R. You can buy these as separate items. I did this to mount my Supersport Windshield on my R with drag bars and they work fine.

I don't have the P/N with me at work however.

#19 ·
You could always drill new holes in the screen and relocate the mount points, then fill the existing holes with chrome plugs.

But I'm with LUX on this. The R's riding position is so different that I don't think comparing wind screens on the different models is valid.

#20 ·
...The R's riding position is so different that I don't think comparing wind screens on the different models is valid.
All right, I'll concede that point. Helluva thing when a windshield meant for the VRSCA actually works best on a different model of the V-Rod family.

#29 ·
Seen lots of Super sports for sale when I was looking for windshield for my VRSCAW. Most of them barely used, so that says something about them. Finally settled on a used detachable touring windshield. Not cute, but makes a big difference in the cold and on long rides. Comes of in about two minutes if you just want to cruise. Also you might take a look at Windvest nice product come off an on quickly. Pricey. Had a used one on my Sportster. Good quality.

#30 ·
:them: on the Windvest, a friend has one on his Night Train. Nice quality shield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.