Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Show your Cusomized VRSCR's!!! (Post some pics)

164K views 503 replies 186 participants last post by  Hogpro 
#1 ·
Just curious to see what people are doing to these bikes. I wasn't too fond of the R's at first untill I seen one at the dealership. Man, they look loads better in person! Mid controls still are not my thang as I like fwd controls of the A's and B's better, but I would like to see what you guys/gals are doing to your rides! Do they make Fwd controls for the R's?

Later
Gary

#390 ·
Thanks guys! With a little budget and a little of my time I've complete the work on R... The rear plate bracket is a Rizoma bracket for Vrsca modified... The rear brembo caliper with bracket, pulley, swingarm and rear wheel with 240 tire are coming from a 2010 VRSCAW.... sprocket cover, front fender and mirrors are coming from a 2011 VRSCF, rear metal fender is handmade (from a VRSCD rear fender cutting and modified in the shoch absorbers zone and under the seat).... VRSCDX rear shock absorbers... Rear turn are coming from a Sportster forty eight... It's a patchwork :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#394 ·
Hey guys!
Great looking bikes, creative mods..

Had 2 Q's.. What/who would you suggest to do small custom-basic paint jobs on your bike- parts like head light cover etc.. Do it yourself or rather auto paint shops?

Also looking for an affordable supplier to buy rims/wheels from at a later stage.?

Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#399 ·
Who makes the 1302 cc kit and how expensive is this to fit? When you say "lots of compression", how much and how was this achieved, through pistons or decking the heads? How much RWHP and what does the power curve look like? Are the pistons forged or cast Mahle pistons (you will be surprised but for the street I don't like a forged piston). With my expensive lesson last year I think the choice of stock cams is a wise one. Oh, which throttle body?

#400 ·
#406 · (Edited)
Vrscr mod

Not much of a drastic modification but I bought a gloss black Airbox cover and fitted it to my orange vrscr the other day. It changes the entire look of the bike and when I ride it all I see is the black tank in front of me. The "tank" kinda flows with the black and chrome of the engine area and tones down the bright orange. Black and orange are the Harley racing colours.

Attachments

#408 ·
I think I like the two tone. Thought about adding an orange stripe on the top of the tank but I think I am going to leave it the way it is. Also thought about some fine orange flames on the side of the tank but I think not.

#411 ·
Maybe an accident repair on the cheap?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.