Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

"D" picture thread

58K views 225 replies 89 participants last post by  frogman_h2o 
#1 ·
is there an "D" picture thread?? i've looked through the last 15 or so pages but??

#10 ·
Nice of ya to start with my bike, but why did you Photoshop in those goofy rims? I like my 10s.

Guess I need some new pics. All mine are already scattered all over the forum. Suppose I should, since I now have Night Rod saddle bags and the Arnotts. The tall sissy bar comes and goes.

#13 ·
Site rules" NO 240 Butt ends! NO 240 BUTT ends wantabees. Any one with a D who wants to turn it into Dx can eat a 240 and move to the Dx site!There is a $250,000.00 penalty for anyone who is missguided enough to destroy a D and try to turn it into a dx. Buy a dx. Just don't tell your wife or mother. Lucifer has a special place for the people who put a 240 on a D!

#15 ·
REALLY??…:soapbox:....
That’s like saying that No one should buy an “A” and then put a wide tire on it. Just buy an “AW”. OR do any MODs to there bike at all for that matter. People buy what’s available. I bought what was available to me and in my price range, and it Already had the 240 tire (bonus)!!!! I am VERY happy with my “D” With the 240!! And there are several "D"s here with the 240!

Oh and what do you have? I see nothing in your signature or aviator telling us about it?!! If it is a “D” then post a pic and show it off and stop hiding it!!

#18 ·
2011 Ready to go !

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
I'd say yes ! and thanks for the :thumb: sonny grass

#27 ·
Finally put down the wrench and BFH long enough to snap a few. up next: air ride =]

Attachments

#36 ·
Look closely, that is a monoshock setup. With the swingarm being stretched and no support at the rear to hold the weight of the motorcycle I decided to fill up stretched swingarm resin and Kevlar and cover it in two layers of carbon fiber. About 9000 miles on the bike so far this way with no issues.

With the number of hours required to build this I'm sure this will remain a one off.

If you want to just achieve this look I would suggest that you look into 3M wrap material that other folks have been using. Lookup forum member Dark Vader, as he has covered a number of things with the carbon fiber wrap that looked great.

#40 ·
Look closely, that is a monoshock setup. With the swingarm being stretched and no support at the rear to hold the weight of the motorcycle I decided to fill up stretched swingarm resin and Kevlar and cover it in two layers of carbon fiber. About 9000 miles on the bike so far this way with no issues.
That's so awesome!

Tell us about that headlight fairing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.