Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Possible group buy buy on Sprintex Supercharger Kit LOOK

4K views 87 replies 18 participants last post by  rsc 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. I was trying to get a S/C kit for my V-Rod. After multiply attempts to locate a dealer here in USA. I gave it a shot and contact Sprintex in Australia directly.
I was offered a deal on 5 kits. I need 1 so i need another 4 people to participate. The price for the complete kit (NO TUNER) is only $3500 + S&H.
So if there is somebody who's interesting please get in touch with me!!

#6 ·
Damn for that Price I am in.

That is below dealer Price.

Pretty Damn funny really.

Sprintex has 10 unit sitting on the self and and the USA dealer has no ETA.

Who the helll are you talking to?

I smell a RAT!!!!!

#7 ·

#8 ·
#10 ·
Maybe he forgot to add something on for his trouble of being a dealer and ironing out a few bugsand ground workp ,my bad he isn't one and isn't going to do any development.to help stop it going booooooom.id be happy to pay a little extra for a test pilot program before I strap one on my bike.

#11 ·
My bike is open for a test if anyone is interested?? :stilpoke: :stilpoke: :D

#12 ·
WELL WELL WELL What do we have here?!
A guy that just joins up here recently, nobody knows anything about, and now trying to sell super chargers that RSC has been working on, doing all the leg work for, trying to get this all set up so everyone gets a good deal. (this guy was totally aware of this) and now made this comment above....

What I have to say about this....

1. Rod and I have discussed this over many phone calls and a plan of taking this step by step on stock to modified motors for reliability and so on. Also we were planning on creating maps for some additional support with different tuners etc. I was going to be a central hub for Rod for installs/support etc. All of this takes time and money.
If you guys (the forum members) don't want to help support all of this then by all means buy from this dude above (whoever he is) and good luck with support after the sale. I know this will leave a really bad taste in the mouth and you better hope its worth it. I can see alot of support dying from RSC on the forum.

2. We also have some other things that is in the works to offer to forum members if it pans out, but it could also die pending on where the forum support leads to.........

3. YOU GET THE POINT..............................

#26 ·
Sorry man, but this sounds like sour grapes to me. The guy doesn't lay hands on anyone's money, if you want the unit you buy from sprintex, I assume you just have to wait until five can order at the same time. All he's doing is presenting a deal made by sprintex.
It's to bad it came down this way, but it seems to me that Sprintex is who you should be annoyed at, not the OP.

#14 ·
YES you are probably right about it being tested. that was my concern as i posted before not wanting to drop that kind of cash to go boom. I guess I will just have to get a pipe & tuner in the meantime and let the the big dogs figure it out .might want to get on the phone and call sprintex AUS. and see what the hell is going on here??

#17 ·
The only thing I would say is this guy was posting up about sprintex and Patrick racing well before rod mentioned anything to do with the sprintex sc .maybe bad timing and a coincedence ,if u check out his earlier posts.undercutting yes bad but maybe with no malice at all.just my two cents worth .

#18 ·
I will say this much, You are right about this dude mentioning it first on forum but Rod was working on it well before that happened.
Alot of work goes on behind the scenes that is not mentioned on forum till its ready to bring to the table to some degree. Just like the other project were doing that I mentioned that hasn't really been talked about.
Too many ppl get impatient when starting a project or trying to put something together with all the R/D and support involved. We have to make sure its right.
I guess it boils down to who you trust to deal with......
Enough said

#20 ·
Thanks Lane/brett/all.

I have spoken to Sprintex.
They have confirmed this is Legit.

First come first served.

They have 10 on the bench and 5 on the way to the USA.

I am not in a race.
I want facts and answers.

beginning to wonder why they want to sell so fast!

msrp 4995
10%4495
my cost 3995 this is what I am paying to get one unit. plus s/h
dealer 3495. buying 5 units or more.

There you have it!

I have talked to this guy and he is eagar to get his hands on this s/c for the lowest cost without knowing the facts of the past.

Go for it...

Yes I was rsearching and talking about this s/c way before this came up.

This just forced my hand to come out.

Have at boys and girls.

Good Luck
rod

DONE HERE!

#22 ·
Let me clear something

I am not trying to sell anything here.

I only need 1-2 kits for my bikes and i i find a buyer to fill the order for 5 kits we can get like $1500 of the MSRP. I think it's a great saving you can invest into your bike, OR NO ?

I am not collecting any money here if somebody decide to go with the kit they will have to put a deposit with the CC with Sprintex and when the kit will be in USA pay the rest with CC so you protected here not asking to send cash or do the wire transfer.

So again if somebody who's interesting and want to save some cash please let me know. I don't have an extra 1500 sitting around and i would find a good use for that money!.

#47 ·
Actually, I think they're a workable setup for a stock bike.

Bottom line is, Sprintex apparently offers the same deal to everyone, buy five at a pop and save some cash. I don't see how that changes anything. I also don't see the point in getting upset at someone for sharing a good deal. The guy isn't trying to rip anyone off, he's not trying to make a profit on the deal, he just wants a blower on the cheap, and he found a way to get everyone a blower on the cheap. Why should that upset anyone? If you don't want to be a part of that, then don't buy one. If you like the other fellow, then buy one from him. If he's doing something that adds value to the product, he'll be able to charge a bit more, and you will now have a choice of where to shop.
Is this a great country or what?

#29 ·
So in other word i should keep a secret and not pass out the savings to the other members of the board who short on cash specially when it's a Christmas time ???
I know that this $1500 makes a big difference to some people.

In my opinion if you want a full support and premium service you go to the dealer for that and pay a lot more. If you trying to save you have to look around a find a cheaper alternatives. If i would have an extra cash i would defiantly go and buy it from a dealer with the full support.
I just hate paying it so much money when i know the true cost of the unit for example when i was trying to get this kit from Patrick Racing i was quoted at 5900 + Tax + Shipping ETC... And it's whopping 2500 OVER THE INVOICE!!!

So if i found the way to get it cheaper i think the other members should know and it's up to them to decide where they want to get it.

#30 ·
No pissing match here...

No good deed goes unplunished...

Bad timing for everone with this.

I told you in the pm about the bearings. I was doing the leg work to make sure that enginnes do not go BOOM. I have asked Sprintex to answer the questions before proceeding on with the purchase. There are a lot of unanswered questions. I even asked them to come on here and post up and to talk to us.

I do not think that is going to happen now.

I asked you to wait until we had answers.

Nope you went ahead... so be it.

I was looking out for your interest as well not just mine.

Search function will result a lot of bad things in reguartds to this S/C.
It is not a matter of who is going to be selling them first.

Selling them first or being the first one to get it on.

That does not matter here with me or with you.

I think you are honest and just want to get on for the bike as the rest of us do.

Right now I just want answers.

Once I get the answers I will proceed.

Until then I am out.

Even if I was to sell them My price would have been the same so if you want one I say go for it.

I am not goinng to be put in the middle of this if it will not benefit the forum members.

It is not the Pay it Forward Plan motto...

If all the resarch was done I would buy from you.

I would wait until we have the answers.

#32 ·
I know nothing, who's first or how many posts one has means nothing, but,
what has been done to these SC'ers to fix the problems that they had (exploding) from years passed?
I years ago had cash in hand for one of these units and was just one click away from purchasing.

If These are new and improved, and if so what was changed or improved over the old ones.

I was interested in RSc's thread about these and am waiting for his feedback, if he ever gets it to that level.

HELL IM RICH, i could give a rats ass saving dollars. when its time I finally gun the SC'ed 1250cc motor and the damn thing blows up on me, my riding buddies on there Vyruses, Bmw's, and Multistrada's would let me see the end of it.
I kinda want something I can ride evreyday and not worry 'bout leavin' pieces scattered on the highways when I full throttle the bitch.
ok, carry-on

#33 ·
Rod and company - this deal does sound too good to resist, but like you I am concerned that you are not getting any detailed answers from Sprintex especially knowing the past history of this setup. I will wait on the sidelines here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.