Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Mounting Hardbags on a DX

6K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Kellendros08 
#1 ·
So Ive been looking for decent size hardbags for a while now and finally bit the bullet and ordered bags from Viking bags. they were fairly easy to mount although i had to trim the fender a little bit and drill out the mounting holes on the inner fender to allow for 10mm bolts. everything went together pretty smooth.

first pic was just the mock up... more pics to come.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Add a fender skirt, it will finish things up.

#5 ·
Sure got a big ass now so NO splitting lanes for you......Like the way it is even with the seat and fender. Just NOT a bag guy but good job anyways.

#10 ·
i thought about trying to do a quick disconnect setup but decided on the hard mount incase i actually want to put a little bit of weight in them and i prefer to put the biggest bolts i can reasonably use on most things. plus if i want or need to take them off its just 2 nuts on each side. its definitely a must to have some sort of luggage on a daily rider. no more backpacks for me im gettin too old for that :biker:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.