Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

V-Rod vs V-Twin

16K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  vrbob 
#1 ·
What would it take ( modification wise) for an Air cooled harley (96,103,110) to beat a stock V-Rod? Obviously alot more than a stock v-twin I would hope. Surely somebody out there has run a few v-twins from the red light. Thanks for any response. Ride safe, Bill

#46 ·
I have yet to run across an airhead I cant beat. A few have some pretty built motors, compression releases, cams, tuners etc. None are even competition. I have PCV with Autotune, Amsoil airfilter and Bassani 2-1. Pull in every gear.

#47 ·
Sorry to be the barrier of bad news darendt. I have an 04, stage one dyno'd and it runs like no tomorrow. However, my 011 Road Glide 124 (148tq at the rear) pulls away from the VROD like it's turned off. I was very surprised, happy and sad all the same time. Now I know what it's like to be full of estrogen. lol

#48 ·
No bad news, I just have yet to come across one on my 1250. Have raced a few built road glides as well and still not much competition, especially once we hit 100......shifting into third for me. I'm not saying some aren't out there that can, just a hard task apparently even for a pretty stock Vrod. With any Motor work, the Vrod is more street bike class than Harley IMO and should walk away from pretty much any Airhead. I generally shift at 9100-9200 RPM when racing as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.