Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

V&H Comp Series 2into1 exhaust

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  eharley111 
#1 ·
This may or may not have been the correct way to handle this situation, but might be useful to anyone who has or is about to buy this system.
I recently bought and installed a V&H Comp Series 2into1 exhaust system for my 07 D. After installing, it really bothered me that the brackets that came with the system would not fit my model and the megaphone was unattached to the bike and left hanging on by springs. I have noticed that many people have this system on their rides and have left it this way without too many complaints. Not me! Any way what I did was took the system back off and attached the megaphone to the bike with the supplied brackets and seen what it was going to take to utilize them. The front pipe would line up just fine the back pipe was about 1" or so too long. After removing about 3/4" of the section that slides into the collector, everything bolted up with the supplied brackets and now the front pipe sits closer to the frame and the megaphone is about 1 1/2" higher in the back. This will definitely help out with cornering and not being scared to make right hand turns.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have an 06d with a cfr that I scrape on moderate right hand turns. Has the v&h pipe given you the ability to turn to the right just as hard as the left or will it still scrape? Just curious as I've looked at this exhaust wondering if the shape helps out in this respect.

#3 ·
Have only taken the bike out twice since install (winter). My first ride without the mod was awful and scraped on very moderate right hand turns. The second after the mod i was able to feel more comfortable in right hand turns with no scraping. As far as left hand vs. right, no comparison left has more lean. Will be able to test the mod more when the weather breaks. Just from the measurements i took before and after mod though pipe now definetly sits higher and tighter to the bike.

#4 ·
trying to understand this ? i have a DX that uses the bracket just fine ?

your pics look spot on to my set up and distance from the ground ? does the D with this exhaust make the exhaust sit lower then ?

mine hits the floor all the time even with arnotts pumped all the way up ! and have the re-welded section to prove it plus the scrape marks but its the same as yours in distance to floor and used that bracket !

#5 ·
Do not know how this system sets up on a DX (I am sure similar). The instructions that came with the exhaust said that the brackets supplied with would not work on a D style frame (Maybe the difference there). All I did was seen what it would take to make them work, and made the mod. The results are what they are. Took a ride over the weekend and was very pleased with the amount of lean I could achieve. Bike has been lowered with 11" shocks in back and progressive springs in front. Sorry could not be more help.

#6 ·
arhh with 11 inch shocks it would be much lower to the floor although aligned to the frame the same as mine , mine with the arnotts pumped all the way up which would imagine would be around 13 inch it still hits when i pushing the bike !

mines still in bits has exhaust been off to re-weld where the collector meets the two down pipes as it hit the floor hard (dip in road when banked over) and it cracked the all the way round !

love the look and sound of this exhaust but its a pain in the ass for clearance !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.