Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Anyone know a metal fab owner who can make a cover??

1K views 29 replies 4 participants last post by  SIC-ROD 
#1 ·
I want to make a bracket cover where the stock exhaust bracket is located. It's where the three bolts go by below the tank area. I do not have the stock exhaust and want to cover the area with a chrome plated piece then put three chrome nuts on to cover it. In the pic it's to the left of the clutch cover.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok cool but I need him to hv the exact dimensions.

#4 ·
Yes you will. I'm sending him an email. I was thinking of doing this on my Nightrod project bike, but since there's no belt guards on it, I need one for each side. I'll probably send him a template for mine but I am trying to decide exactly how big and in what shape to make it. I'm thinking a large triangle shape but maybe being a bit lower to the ground than the frame. Edit: the picture is my '04A.

Attachments

#5 ·
Mine is an 06 se should be the same dimensions. I can't figure out what size either. Lol his website is like a candy store for stuff I want .

#6 ·
He's also working on covers for the brake reservoirs, the Brembos for now. I'm wanting matching ones for my Nightrod project bike with the same design as my clutch, derby, and swingarm pivot caps. You can see his pieces on my bike in my thread here:
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330050&page=4

#7 ·
Going to check them out now

#9 ·
Really cool cause I hv a trask turbo with the trask clutch cover I will check it out

#12 ·
I can cut it for you if you have the dimensions. You can then chrome it....

-Keith

#13 ·
Hey thanks Keith!

#15 ·
That's what I need does it come in chrome and does it hv the trask logo on it? Do u remember how much? Thanks for the post.

#17 ·
Thanks, going to give them a call on monday.

#18 ·
For those who may not want a Trask logo on it or something other than chrome (like me), Carl at Billetpro says he has made them in the past. I'm going to have him make me a custom pair that match the rest of the parts he made me, with the same cross designs.

#19 ·
Let me know cost and mounting. Curious does he do chrome as well?

#20 ·
He does chrome, gloss black, flat black and polished aluminum in his other stuff so Im sure he would do these in chrome as well. It will be after the first of the year before I go forward with this.

#21 ·
I'm in I want want to do one that is engraved to kinda match my paint design.

#22 ·
custom paint

Kinda this engraving

Attachments

#23 ·
Kinda this engraving
Man my neck hurts trying to look at that! Rotate! That's some sweet paint job though. He will do any design you want and he's great to work with. Shoot him an email. He did say he's real slammed right now so he won't get to it for awhile. Probably a lot of guys getting their wives parts for their bikes for Christmas!:angelwin:

#26 ·
Yes but my vcr is still blinking 12:00 , just sayin :hidesbeh: Brian loker is the painter the tins are on his website he does awesome work he was able to paint it to match the se frame paint which has that metallic gold flake in it. HD would not release the paint codes for any CVO'S, @!#//&&#^!

#27 ·
Yeah, they wouldn't give me paint codes for my Miller Lite Nightrod either so my painter had them matched. It's two blues, pretty simple, unlike yours. Only problem is first he needed time to go Elk hunting, then when he got back he decided to get shoulder surgery for an old wound. Now he's had my bike 3 weeks and he's still not done. It's been 2 1/2 months since I first asked him to paint it. And I originally was just doing the cowl and rear fender but decided to do the airbox too since it had some minor flaws. Patience.

Attachments

#28 ·
Well tis the season for mod to be done I'm done first time the salt trucks are out. I'm replacing all of my bolts frame bolts and all to chrome and detailing the crap out of the bike . I may pull the wheels and put new shoes on. What are u doing with the air box?

#29 ·
It's getting repainted in the same colors. I damaged the clear coat on the left side when removing the emblems, so I thought just the clear could be fixed but the painter said he'd need to repaint the left dark blue area. Then he pointed out there were flaws in the light blue center area where the factory applied too much paint so we decided to do the whole thing. I've put so much money into this bike I wanted the paint perfect. I don't know if you've seen my thread on the build but if you want to have a look it's here:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3921858#post3921858

#30 ·
I will check it out !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.