Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

DX Handlebar risers ready to ship 10-16-12

26K views 109 replies 42 participants last post by  NItsudmai 
#1 ·
We're happy to announce that the DX riser project is off the ground and we are taking orders for them They will start shipping on Tuesday 10-16-12.We all love the vrods but Unfortunately we are all not the same height and it makes some of us shorter guys have to really reach,,,, or if you're like me my back just cant take reaching for the bars for very many miles. SO,,, here's the solution!!!!The risers are 1.25" thick and come with new longer handlebar bolts and are powder coated black to match most of the bikes (if you want them polished just let me know). The riser is very easy to install (watch the video below) and even for a novice you can get it done in under an hour. After the install you will notice instantly how bringing the bars back to you helps the ride quality.
We have sold over a hundred of them for the VRSCF style and have finished ironing out the measurements and details to make them for the DX. The only issue we came across is on some DX models the front brake hose after the riser is installed doesn't have enuf slack in it to make full turns one way, and the fix was really simple (10 minute job). Its as simple as taking 3 Torx bolts out of the master Cylinder, taking the MC off the handlebar and sliding it thru the forks which puts it now on the back of the forks instead of on the front and then reinstalling the MC. Simple ten minute job that is very easy even for a novice to do

If you're interested we will be taking orders starting Friday morning (10-5-12). They will be 100$ powder coated and shipped to your front door. If you want one feel free to PM and I'll get you my paypal info. Thxs a bunch and RIDE SAFE. Paul
Riser pictures

Riser install Video (its of a muscle but its the same setup virtually)

Moving the brake hose behind the forks

Sorry for the video being a little long and jumpy ,,,,, the simplest way to mave the cable is to just take the master cylinder off and sneak it thru the forks i wouldnt even try doing it the other ways,,,,,, really simple

See less See more
2 3
#2 ·
All, I put this on my DX. Very easy to install and re-locate the front brake hose. I'm not very good with fixing things, and this was easy enough for a newbie like me. With the weather like the way it is in Chicago, I haven't had alot of riding time with it on, but initial rides seem to feel more comfortable.

Definately recommend!!

#3 ·
thxs tank, the weather down here in KS is getting pretty darn cold here as well........ hoping next week brings on some warmer riding weather. ride safe, paul

#4 ·
Update: they are finished and ready to ship as of 10--8--12. thxs, paul

#5 ·
guys .... get on this mod !!!
Best thing i have done , i run the 1" riser on my Muscle and it makes a huge diFFerence. Just takes pressure oFF the lower back .
I am only 172 cm short and the riser helped heaps .... easy to install and great quality , cheers Paul

#6 ·
this is by far one of the single best and cost effective mods that can be done to increase rider comfort, sits you a little more up right and takes pressure off your hands and lower back and as an added bonus you can slide the forks up in the trees and lower the front end, as one of the first few to do this mod I highly recommend and would never change it out

#7 ·
Just installed mine a few hours ago and took 45 minutes tops. Went for a ride and can definitely tell a difference in the amount of reach. Used to slump over a bit but now it feels a lot better. This should be one of the first mods to do to any bike

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#10 ·
#11 ·
I have the 2012 V-rod 10yr anniversary edition so I imagine, it's all the same bike. This bike comes in Silver Metallic color and lots of chrome, can you chrome it or at least a polished silver to match the bike? Really interested so please let me know. Thanks and ride safe...

AL

#12 ·
al, you bet i can polish instead of powdercoating. I'll send you a PM to get some pricing to you. thxs and ride safe, paul

#17 ·
Hey guys just wanted to throw an update on here for anyone else looking to add this. I did this tonight on my 08 DX and I can't speak for other models but I didn't have to reroute the brake line. Our brake lines already run in a way that makes this just bolt right up. Great product and I highly recommend it.

#20 ·
Very cool!!!!:notworth: glad the install went easy for ya. its really pretty simple,,, just the 2 bolts and yourre done. paul
Just Installed The Raiser on my 2012 DX,looks and works great also didn't need to move Brake Line
Thanks
Glad it got all the way to australia ok,,,,, never know about customs :deal: install without moving the brake line makes it a quick deal. ride safe, paul

#19 ·
Just Installed The Raiser on my 2012 DX,looks and works great also didn't need to move Brake Line
Thanks

#21 ·
we still have a few left from the first run!! powdercoated black and ready to ship. Ride safe, paul

#23 ·
got another DX powdercoated black shipment ready to go. if you need one just PM me for details. Ride safe, paul

#25 ·
right around one inch pull back to you. There are a few photos in this thread as well as some feedback from other DX owners. All have agreed it sure helped the ride quality. I have sold about 25 of them with positive feedback about the help in reach and ride comfort. ride safe, paul

#28 ·
I just got done. Its only 25 and snowing but I rode 2 blocks. PM me your email I'll send you the after picture. Its amazing how good it feels already I just need to turn my bars back some. its a very tight fit but I did don't have to reroute anything but move the wires to the front of the riser. I didn't think it would fit! I slid it in from the side. Its fits nicely. The biggest different is the instrument cluster sits a bit higher but unless you know vrods well you wouldn't notice.
I was leery of buying from hanny but I fully recommend the risers now!

If you buy the risers, when installing remove your headlight. It took me about 45 minutes counting finding tools and putting stuff up. Bad thing is the stock bolts are 15mm and hannys are 11/16.

#29 ·
glad the install worked out and you like the feel of them. Got 4 left with this shipment so let me know if you need one. ride safe, paul

#30 ·
i still have 2 left ready to ship to you in 3 days. helps the ride quality alot. paul

#31 ·
I've purchased a two holed block of polished aluminum from a forum member, which is approximately that size (doesn't fit my DX). If any Muscle owner is interested, I'll ship it to you for $70 conus. It's not powder coated. PM me & I'll dig it out of storage.

#32 ·
bolt holes are the same width, only difference is the bolt "length"

#34 ·
great, that was quick. paul

#35 ·
Had them installed at the dealer (Japanese Harley Dealer) this arvo (no time to do it myself and i wanted them on sooner rather than later) They were interested in the riser.

Attached is a pic. Sorry if it is upside down but i just cant figure it out! Drove around a bit today and it is true what everyone has said about these. Huge difference.

Attachments

#38 ·
it really does help a lot, weird how just a riser can help the ride quality. thxs again, paul

I love my risers. Glad you enjoy them too! Well worth the money!
:notworth::notworth:
Yup, this is going on my mod list as soon as I return from Afghanistan May 31st!
AWESOME!! get home safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.