Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Going Turbo, with help from you experts!

12K views 113 replies 23 participants last post by  Pono 
#1 ·
So I have been checking out heaps of the threads on here and doing a little research on a turbo for my 2010 muscle. I want to build something similar to the Trask kit available and would appreciate any help I can get with it. I only just decided last couple days to actually attempt it as I got hold of a fabricator who is willing to make me a plenum, manifold and exhaust!! :)

This wont be an overnight project as the bike is allready stripped for paint/powdercoating but hoping to have it finished over the next 2-3 months. Reason I am not going a ready made kit is.. well $$$$$..

*Im going to go with a garrett gt2554r or possibly gt2860r
*Im planning to get a v-band connector for the outlet to suit a 3" exhaust.
*making exhaust connect to a silencer mounted to the stock muffler mound.

Anyhow, the first query I have is about the plenum. I put a pic up of what I think is a Trask plenum and circled/lettered the hose connections on the plenum and would like to know were they each go. Also I read that a 'v' channel is used inside the plenum to regulate air flow... Is that right?

Any help would be great!! Cheers guys!
:moped:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I would prefer gtr2560 if you will stay below 16Psi.

#6 ·
a pressure hose to Boost Gauge and Fuel Regulator
b breather hose / feed to air intake filter or seperate catch filter.
c front case breather hose
d rear case breather hose

Square welded onto Cyinder is a oil catch from the cases and self drain back through the same hose.

Good Luck

#9 ·
I want some ice cream.

#11 ·
"Also I read that a 'v' channel is used inside the plenum to regulate air flow... Is that right"

?????

#16 ·
Actually, the overloading will be the front cylinder, the air will blow right over the rear cylinder and starve it, and put all the air into the front cylinder.

With the limited space you have to work with, you are going to be hard pressed to make a more simplistic yet effective (cost and performace) plenum than this design. This is definitely one time and place the KISS method is probably the best way.

#18 ·
So I am meeting with my fab guy this weekend. Seems 2-3 months might be 3-4weeks..

Have the option of 2 turbos he has
1. GT2554R
2.GT2560R

Suggestions???

What about tuners???

So I take it I need the 2map bar sensor? (trask)
Do I use this with the thundermax auto tune??

Or pc5?
??

My bike has a SE Pro Super Tuner on currently
32109-08A 08/15/09 dated

Does this have to be cleared to stock prior to supertuner install??

I hear you can use just the SE tuner?? Would I still need the 2 bar map sensor? Do I need a an independent wide band sensor with it? Does anyone have Amap for use with the se tuner to suit the gt2554r 8psi mod?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!!!!

#19 ·
Keep your Super tuner.
Save your money.
After install straight to the dyno.

I am not running a 2 bar map sensor.

#21 ·
Thanks Blum was a good read!!
I just ordered training guide, cable and latest software $152.35 in AUS!!

Meeting went good and bike goes in this sat 7th!!

Am also considering meth injection just need to find some room.. Have the arnotts compressor also so air box will be pretty full with the plenum too..

#24 ·
What kind of wastegate you are using?

#26 ·
looks good. I like the way the turbo is mounted. What about the IC?

#31 ·
Also hooked myself up with a Barnett clutch kit!!
I have nothing against the Barnett clutch, but I would have suggested to get the slipper instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.