Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

If Aliens stole Your Vrod....

3K views 47 replies 32 participants last post by  luxlamf 
#1 ·
This thread was hinted at in another, but rather than clutter that one up with these thoughts, let's start another......

So you wake up, go to the garage and the Greys have taken your VRod.........and left you a check for YOUR "fair market value".......

Would you replace it with another VRod? YES/NO

If you answer is YES, please use this format:

Yes,

I had (have) an (04 VRSCA, with a RipperMax Turbo, a CustomSnot Paint Job, and BlowMeAway exhaust, plus......

I would look to replace it with a (08 whatever..........

And WHY: (Bigger tank, newer year, ABS, better styling, new project, whatever...........)

If your answer is NO, use this format:

NO

Then STFU. There are plenty of threads to argue about Ducattis, Triumphs, M109's, .........use them! Not here, we are discussing IF you were to buy another VRod, because you wanted to buy another VRod (and had lost the one you have), which model would you go for and why.

And for Lux: don't even mention Bentleys or that car crap.

See less See more
#2 ·
YES .... see my list below and i would replace with a candy orange 2013 Muscle !!

#4 ·
course its BLACK ... love it BUT really like a change if the Aliens took it :)

#7 ·
Yes. I have a prettified and lightened 2007 AW with a lot of money in it, and I would buy an 08DX and repeat the job because I want ABS.

#8 ·
Yes
an 08-11 DX because I want the bigger motor.

#10 ·
That actually happened to me....... Well kind of. Early one morning I had a nice group of policemen show up and take my 09DX.(Vivid). Long story for another thread. The dealership offered any bike they had to replace it with. I chose a new 11DX Denim. I love the bike, just changed up the color. I work in a dusty environment and the scratches where ticking me off. There's a lot of great bikes out there, but I'll stay with the V.

#13 ·
Yes,

I had (have) an 04 VRSC-M, 04B frame, 11F engine stroked out to 1350, Stage 2 cams, clip-ons, ISR controls, internal throttle, Rizoma Fluid Tanks, Rizoma Grips, Rizoma Mid Controls, 12DX wheels, Saddlemen Hyde seat, Rick's Tank, Bub 7 Exhaust, Dakota Digital Gauge, VRFIII, Progressive suspension around, Flat Black and Candy red, and more I just can't remember.

I would look to replace it with a TR-82SS And a used 07DX!

And WHY: New project me and the wife have been wanting to do, want to throw a H6 Subura Engine in it, and of course the used DX because it already has the bigger tank, the 240 rear wheel, and then I could just start over again!

#16 ·
I love my 04 VRSCA...have only had it since May...wouldn't really want to replace it but would love to have a second bike for long distance touring...Ultra Classic, Goldwing or something along that line...

#19 ·
YES!!
Sweet Dreams..
I Would Love To Customize A -03 Anodized VRSCA!

Lowered it -Legends.
Throwing Away Dogs Ass.
Sport Frontfender.
Custom Handlebar.
MotoGadget Instrument.
Ricks Tank.
P.M. Brakecalipers.
Chrome Turbo...

Regards
Knut.

#21 ·
This is a good question, would I? I don't know, what I might do is something I was think of doing back in 06 when HD released the Final Anodized laden bike and buy one of those and put 02 skins on it because by 06 the frame was an acceptable color instead of the pale shite gray it was, the motor etc... where all upgraded to better workings etc... But to buy another 02 Without the extended warranty? Cannot say I would. The bike I have now will stay with me forever simple because its the Best damned looking one out there, its my 1st bike and I could never see any reason to get rid of it as its worth "Nil".

#22 ·
Hmmm, if you would have asked my last week. I would have said YES- I have a 06 VRSCR, and I would have replaced it with a 06 VRSCR! But after getting destroyed my GRISO this weekend.

I will say NO, a big NO. I would just save a little more cash and get a DIAVEL or maybe a low mileave BMW K1200R

#26 ·
So you wake up, go to the garage and the Greys have taken your VRod.........and left you a check for YOUR "fair market value".......
No, but I would hunt the bastards down and give them some lead poisoning for making me part with my NightRod before its time. :chainsaw:

#27 ·
Since I willingly let my vrod go I probably shouldn't even be in this thread.
:hidesbeh:
BUT!

I would not buy another vrod unless it was a completely new model with a completely different frame. One that would handle better overall, be more comfortable, and have a 6 speed transnission with appropriate gear ratios.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.