Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

My D is no longer.

4K views 35 replies 36 participants last post by  spiritwarrior 
#1 ·
Riding to work last week I think an end to the life of my 06 D. I know I don't post here much, but I still read a lot so I thought I'd let everyone know. I bought this bike back in March. Only managed to put about 3000 miles on it this year. I literally had like a mile and a half trip to work that morning, with only one intersection, but that was enough. Some lady coming head on turned left in front of me, I smacked her drivers side headlight and went flying. Ended up breaking my femur twice, tearing a PCL and possible ACL, and have several fractures in the foot/ankle. I somehow managed to tear my heel open and have about a 4" laceration there as well. I haven't gotten to see the bike in person, and since it's in a fenced in compound a friend was only able to look at the good side. Still looks like bent forks, handlebars, and the rear shock is jacked up. I'm anxious/nervous to see how much happened to the other slide where it impacted and slid. I'm still in the hospital tryin to learn to walk again. Only made it about 20 feet with crutches today. I lost a lot of blood and leg strength so I can't do much without getting lightheaded.

Here she is at the tow lot.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#29 ·
Hang in there and like others have said "follow your PT advice". I laid mine down after I hit a dog 3 years ago (broke my leg and had to have plates in my tibia). Needless to say through some hard work I was able to ride within 6 months (gave me plenty of time to do some mods that would require not being able to ride anyway). Some people will look at you like you are crazy for getting back on a bike but listen to yourself not them. In the end, riding the bike is all about you not the advice givers....

#30 ·
Fuggin ouch! Glad you are still around to post about it. I wish you speedy and full recovery.
And yes PT sucks but hang in there it will get you back on your feet sooner.
And get yourself a good motorcyclist's attorney to look out for your interests while you recover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.