VROD or Indian Scout? - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 08-01-2015, 02:24 AM   #1
thegreyman
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VROD or Indian Scout?

Well folks,

I completely love my (2013 victory vegas 8ball) that I use for long jaunts on the highway and weekend bar hopping. Anyways, got the bug recently to potentially trade it in. I'm crossing shopping several bikes. One of them is the VROD Muscle and the Indian Scourt. Back in 2012 I owned a VROD VRSCR (I miss it dearly, should never have sold it).

So first up was the Indian Scout. Wow, what a bike. The Scout is everything the Ducati Scrambler is, but for for the Cruiser community. Great fit and finish, Powerful engine, agile handling, a joy to ride.
I'm really thinking hard about this one. What to do you folks think?

Ohh, what I am looking for? A Cruiser that can perform on the backroads and the occasional weekend trip.

Here is the video of my first ride impressions of the Scout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7ZB7zIWNM

Cheers

2006 Street Rod
2009 Guzzi Griso
2011 Yamaha Stryker (sold)
thegreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 04:41 AM   #2
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Everyone should own a V-Rod once, at the least.
TwinOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
Jesson
Registered Full

Garage
You're in a Vrod forum so I think majority will say Muscle ;-)

Old 08-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
CAAD10
Lifetime Premium

You must miss that VRSCR quite a bit to write about it at 12AM. You deserve a beating then quickly get that Muscle in the garage.
CAAD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
RONVROD
My Last Ride

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thegreyman,

Your R (considered by many to be the best) must not have made much of an impression on you if you are actually torn between an Indian Scout and a V-Rod.

BTW, where is the video of your V-Rod test ride?

Nice try but, I seriously doubt that you will sell Indian motorcycles on 1130cc.com.

Ron
RONVROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #6
thegreyman
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONVROD View Post
thegreyman,

Your R (considered by many to be the best) must not have made much of an impression on you if you are actually torn between an Indian Scout and a V-Rod.

BTW, where is the video of your V-Rod test ride?

Nice try but, I seriously doubt that you will sell Indian motorcycles on 1130cc.com.

Ron

Yea.. well, I came back to the forum to check out the classified sections. Then I thought, there might a person who has both ( Vrod and Scout). Both are great bikes. The Muscle for me is a tad more comfy and more raw power. The Scout is lighter and has better handling.

Tough choice. Both are good bikes.

2006 Street Rod
2009 Guzzi Griso
2011 Yamaha Stryker (sold)
thegreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:18 AM   #7
bogie
VRSCF

Garage
the Scout is a bit lighter and less power, new to the market, looks great and good VFM

The Muscle has more tuning options available right now and is a known quantity for upgrades, and pillion journeys....its gonna be trial and error on the Scout

Im still sticking with my F
Old 08-02-2015, 10:40 PM   #8
Cowpieapex
Registered Geezer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
Yea.. well, I came back to the forum to check out the classified sections. Then I thought, there might a person who has both ( Vrod and Scout). Both are great bikes. The Muscle for me is a tad more comfy and more raw power. The Scout is lighter and has better handling.

Tough choice. Both are good bikes.
I'm still running my R so I may be a little out of touch on Muscle handling characteristics, but I've heard (literally, scraping noises) that the cornering clearance on the scout is severely limited.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #9
VFRDYLAN
Registered Full

I went to the North East MC show (Boston) this past winter with the intention of buying a Scout. While looks and style are subjective, I think Indian hit a home run on the looks.

However, the bike has a low seating position and just seemed way too small for me (6'0" and 255 lbs.). I felt like a monkey humping a football on the bike.

My wife, who loves the Indian branding and style, was on board with buying it that day.... until I sat on the bike. She agreed on the scale/size.

The full size Indians are too large for my taste, so here is to hoping the come up with a bike in between. Oh, and not to sell/trade my VROD, just as an option.
VFRDYLAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #10
RF_R_US
Lifetime Premium

As a permanent R owner I would suggest searching for another. I personally don't care for the 240 tires.

YMMV,

John
(now I can REALLY screw up this bike), etc., etc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other Fossil Fuel Burning Toys: '05 FLHTCUI, '96 KLR650, '73 Chevy Nova SS yeah it's :bad:
RF_R_US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #11
Araczynski
Registered Full

Garage
I like the scout, although don't like the flaring on the wheel trims, too classic for my tastes. Briefly considered the victory cruiser line, beautiful lines, but it seemed that they all had single side exhaust (can't stand that look on a bike, I need symmetry).

I'd say go with the muscle over the scout (any day) and just put on some louder pipes (only the V&H 2 into 2 work for me) then it will sound like it looks and rides.
Araczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #12
Nas3car
Shelby Stanga Rocks

Rather own a donkey then a Scout. Much better built and looks and sounds better too.
Any Edit is to fix spelling
Hunt and Peck its a way of life
Still no Facebook just older
BUMPER beats HELMET every time.
They removed my soul to fit in all this sarcasm
Nas3car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:45 AM   #13
TwinOaks
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas3car View Post
Rather own a donkey then a Scout. Much better built and looks and sounds better too.
Well, you do have that 81' glide.
TwinOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:24 AM   #14
Rumham
Registered Full

Garage
Obviously go with the muscle, but I'm not gonna join in all this hate towards the scout. That is a nice looking bike.

For me, I'd rather have the power of the muscle than the increased handling. My 08 DX gets me through the twisties just fine and I bet that a '15 Muscle handles even better.
Rumham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #15
jacobyvic
Vic Jacoby

While I think the Scout looks and feels better in person than pictures show, I have a difficult time liking the "stamped panel" look of the tins and engine. The frame doesn't do much for me either. To each his own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jacobyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement