Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

NEW custom gauge face

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  hquick 
#1 ·
Just received my new gauge face from a German company called newtacho.de.
VERY happy with this. Looks OEM quality. Has both KPH and MPH.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good at first sight! wonder how it will look lighted up with the clear in it...! (Orange leds ... nice!:D)

#7 ·
There is guy in France who makes really nice ones for Buells and they cost around $45 shipped to US. I sent him an email asking if he'd start making them for V-Rods.

Here's what he made for me (one of a kind)

The really cool feature is the night view - when lit up at night you can see American flag as the backing (or anything you can come up with) as pictured while during the day it's "hidden".

#10 ·
There is guy in France who makes really nice ones for Buells and they cost around $45 shipped to US. I sent him an email asking if he'd start making them for V-Rods.

The really cool feature is the night view - when lit up at night you can see American flag as the backing (or anything you can come up with) as pictured while during the day it's "hidden".

That's a great looking gauge. Love the transparent flag idea. Very cool.
Keep us informed on the 'Vrod' deal.

#14 ·
^^^ i moved it in my photobucket but I still can see it... I'll try to fix it.

That's the reply from the guy I received:

"hello, and thanks for all the good words about my work.

Sorry, but I don't have the technology and tools to make V Rod plates, although it t would be super interesting…..

Greetings.

André M;

Le 11 déc. 2012 à 19:49
"

#16 ·
Hey thanks for sharing.

Do the Vrod pointers zero themselves? Meaning does the armature shaft return to zero position, so you can maintain calibration? Or did you have to power them up with inputs reading zero (or known) reading when you put your pointers back on? Any trial and error?

I'm trying to find out a bit about these units.

thanks!

#17 ·
IF memory serves me correct Ghost Rider use to have some gauge faces. Not anymore according to their web site. Dont see it there any more??

#19 ·
Welcom MacEwen! RSC made a video when he did put my ledboard in. it's on his youtube channel but in this link he shows the links to his vids...Also check the downloadable manual i have on my website(see colored link below.. PDF manual on the products page). it's made for that reason (just more ways to do it)

When you reassemble you need to have the needles on top of the shaft about in the right position. Then connect the gauges and switch on the ignition in acc setting.. the needles do a full sweep and align in a default position. you need to check if the needles are not off.. or replace the needle a bit and switch off on again for the next sweep untill all needles are returning to dead zero...

The spoon thing looks good but that shaft will turn when you push it back on... slight chance it's good the first time without checking. and also dont know what the spoon wil scratch on the front.. take caution with that.

#20 ·
there was also a member, gravestarr, who made custom plates. when putting the needles back it can be kinda tedious. just mark where they were. also if you have a pc5 or other tuner, plug in your computer and check the rpms at idle for accuracy. and use a gps for accuracy of speed.

looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.