Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What kind of headlights do you run on your NSR?

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Teche 
#1 ·
This is for Nightroder only. I went on EBay and there are literally 5,000+ headlights on there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-WAVE-...f9263e&vxp=mtr

I really love this light. One lens is low beam and the other is high. High beam has magnified glass. This is not a duel beam headlight. Uses 2 x H3 bulbs. I used the Ultra white (blue) bulb's. You will see a price range from $40 to $180. (private sellers) I picked mine up for about $75 on bid. You will have to do a lot of scrolling to find a good deal!

I get tired of seeing the same stock headlight on the NRS. If you have customized your beams, Show us with pics and a brief description. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Stock DX light on mine w/DDM HID's. Im not too crazy about the smallish, alien looking lights personally.

If I had to switch it would probably be to a bullet style headlight.

#4 ·
Those HID Lights are nice too. In my searching I had 3 different bullet lights in my cart at EBay. Then I saw this one. I like a big cyclops light on a bagger. But these Vrod's are so different than traditional harley's, I like my thin chopper light. You see them down in SoCal a lot. They are generally on the custom chopper shops pages. Where's your Pic, we would like to see it! They make a few diff patterns. :wazzup:

#11 ·
#8 ·
Careful with HIDs.

Image #1 shows proper HIDs in a projector setup. Clean cutoff light goes where it is suppose to go.

Image #2 shows HIDs in a Halogen reflector. Light goes everywhere.

I was all over an HID conversion until someone showed me this. What you are doing is blinding on coming drivers. If I am on a motorcycle the last thing I want to do is blind an oncoming driver!

#16 ·
I kinda like the look of that, GR customs just came out with something similar i saw on FB. Where did you purchase the kit, and would it be possible to show the bracket used, maybe a close up pic?
I am not sure how this would look on a 12, not sure I want to lose my little faring thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.