Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What did you do to your V-Rod today

1M views 8K replies 930 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
I noticed we didn't have one of these, and figured I'd make one. I mod on some car forums, and they are usually pretty interesting topics.

So did you mod, maintain, fix something?

Today
- I changed and bled the rear brakes (now its very very stiff hmmm)
- Relocated the rear signal to the shock mounts using a kit (required pulling the shock tops, rear fender, under-fender, cutting the under fender, and extending the wires)
- Installed the side-mount from Killervrod.... had to cut my plate smaller, but looks good. I didn't install the LED yet.
- Removed the Screaming Chicken exhaust and packed them up, getting TAB's this week

#6,143 ·
Thumbs up on the Metz. Two thumbs up on the Daymaker. I swapped out the headlamp on the Softail to the Daymaker earlier this week. No more dirty brown light. I'll stick with the HID's on the DX.

I'm planning to pull the can off my V&H 2:! Comp pipes tonight and repack the baffle. I disassembled the pipes late last summer, and it was nearly impossible to re-assemble without losing half the packing. Hopefully, that will happen tonight.

#6,166 ·
Akakillroy,

Thanks, man.
I bought some $12 boots that I thought I could cut up and paste back together.
They didn't work out that way (too tight at top), so this was a 30 minute test to see if I want to go through the process of taking off the front wheel to do that. I think I do. Here's the ones that I got: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-12127
I cut the top 5 inches off.

Frame bag is older, been on there for years, so I'll hafta consume some time to find those... but I think these are what I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Mot...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19dd9b29a3&vxp=mtr

#6,167 ·
2 seasons ago I wanted to experiment and see how my bike would look with fork boots. I went to the dealer and grabbed a set of 39mm Sportster gators that were in stock, cut them down the back with scissors, and zip tied them on. Looked pretty good and you could only see the slit from the rear and you really had to look for it. Finally at the end of last season they actually started to tear because they weren't compressing the way they are supposed to I guess. I just got in a set of proper 49mm boots for when I service my front end soon...

Here's how the gators looked:

#6,171 ·
2 seasons ago I wanted to experiment and see how my bike would look with fork boots. I went to the dealer and grabbed a set of 39mm Sportster gators that were in stock, cut them down the back with scissors, and zip tied them on. Looked pretty good and you could only see the slit from the rear and you really had to look for it. Finally at the end of last season they actually started to tear because they weren't compressing the way they are supposed to I guess. I just got in a set of proper 49mm boots for when I service my front end soon...

Here's how the gators looked:

I like them, especially on the DX's, would look silly on mine but on my Triumph they look great and the Ex's Sportie they where great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.