Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Front signal relocate and upside down mirrors

8K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  rejector 
#1 ·
Man was this easy.
It all started when I looked over my shoulder and didnt see a car. Did a routine check of the mirror and started making the lane change. All this in about 1 second. A car that was directly behind me THAT I DIDNT SEE and was moving faster than me pulled out the same time. Needless to say the Pucker factor was about a 10+.
Went directly to the Harley dealer and bought the Signal relocate kit
Part #57205-05 and turned the mirrors upside down. Man is this alot better, I can see everything behind me perfectly and I have to say it looks pretty cool also, IMHO, Took about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Peace and ride safe,
Finn

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
#6 ·
Finn I did mine months ago and agree that is the best mod by far. It should come factory like that.

Nightrod81 The old style one were sticking out a few inches the new one are pretty tight in. They are in more than when located under the bars.

#8 ·
#9 ·
#13 ·
They look sweet ! what do you get exactly with this relocation kit ? thanx!
FINNS VROD said:
Man was this easy.
It all started when I looked over my shoulder and didnt see a car. Did a routine check of the mirror and started making the lane change. All this in about 1 second. A car that was directly behind me THAT I DIDNT SEE and was moving faster than me pulled out the same time. Needless to say the Pucker factor was about a 10+.
Went directly to the Harley dealer and bought the Signal relocate kit
Part #57205-05 and turned the mirrors upside down. Man is this alot better, I can see everything behind me perfectly and I have to say it looks pretty cool also, IMHO, Took about 20 minutes from start to finish.
Peace and ride safe,
Finn

#14 ·
nightrod81 said:
yeah, but thay dont look like that in real life. i have no clue why they have that pic on there... mine are very close to the forks, maybee and 1/8th of an inch away if that... looks great, dont mind those pics of the ones on this page...
Thanks. I think I see the difference. With the HD kit (I have one) the main piece wraps halfway around the fork and then juts out about 1.5 inches., the turn signal sits in the middle on the fork. With Drag Specialties, it looks like their mount actually screws into the bolt on the triple tree which is located a little behind the the fork. So, with theirs, the signal sits a little farther back and yes, Im guessing, much closer to the fork.

#15 ·
SMOKIN ROD said:
They look sweet ! what do you get exactly with this relocation kit ? thanx!
Longer Pinch Bolt, Bracket for the turn signal, bolt to attach signal to bracket, and an acorn nut for the mirror attachment.
Second easiest mod so far, first, Pondos caps.
Peace and ride safe,
Finn

#18 ·
If you relocate to the top can you still fit the windshield for the long trips?

#19 ·
i dont know about that. i dont have any windshelds here to put up to them... i know my mother has a vrod and has a windsheld and has the blinkers on the forks and it fits, but hers are on the lower studs... ill have to go and check maybee i can measure somehow

#20 ·
Yes you can. The only problem (if you want to call it that) is from the front view half of the signal is behind the clear windshield. Not much of a problem but if you look closely at the Harley catalog or web site you see they use extending bolts for the signals from there original mounting holes. I went with the lower mount. I think it looks great there. Good luck.

#22 ·
I am in the process of trying this out; although drag bars may not allow it. Will revert after a few beers and a crack at it. Good pics though

#24 ·
I got as far as drinking the beers and murphies law caught me out this afternoon. Front brake touch and sucker did not lock up but enough self pressure to cause some trauma. The rubber has split not far from the slave brake cylinder, spurting dot 4. Anyway from what i have been informed appears i have to purchase the whole front brake line system both sides up to the brake slave cylinder. Off the road and may try the mirrors to keep me busy and thanks 2 errorunkown for the advice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.