Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Mileage ceiling

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Vrod-Brad 
#1 ·
I'm just under 30k miles on my 03' and I'm curious... How many miles are people getting out of their A's before they start falling apart? Assuming regular maintenance is covered and a somewhat reasonable riding style

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
My '02 rolled over 65K miles this year and still runs like it is new. The only thing I would ask in a newer machine is ABS brakes, and a little less weight for faster handling. So far, I haven't seen anything I thought was enough better to get me off the V-Rod. Ride it, love it, and don't worry about the miles. I'll still have mine the day I die.

#4 ·
Has Shoe reached 200k miles on his "A" yet?
Lux has over 100k miles on his "A".

#5 ·
Haven't seen Shoe update his "status" in a while but I think he was over 165,000 miles about a year ago. He's got to be closing in on 200k pretty soon if he hasn't gotten there yet. I'll see if I can find that post to link to it here.

Ah, here's the thread I was talking about. He was up to 150,000 at the time... and that was over 2 years ago.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144516

#6 ·
Haven't seen Shoeman update his "status" in a while but I think he was over 165,000 miles about a year ago. He's got to be closing in on 200k pretty soon if he hasn't gotten there yet. I'll see if I can find that post to link to it here.
Last I saw was 185k.

#7 ·
I'm at 196 something. Probably hit 200 around February.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.