Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Looking for clutch / brake cylinder covers

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  thunderroad07 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

As the title says, I am looking for some nice aftermarket clutch and brake master cylinder covers for my build. Problem is these things seem almost non-existent for the V-Rod and the ones I do find say they are only good up to 2005.

NLC makes some nice covers, but not to the tune of $309 Euro, and under the description it says good from 2002 - present so I am a little confused if there is a difference between the pre and post 2005 covers?

If anyone can steer me towards some nice ones or confirm whether there is a fitment issue between the 2002 and 2008 models it would be appreciated. I found some nice Roland Sands Black Ops covers but they say 2002-2005.

Can anyone also tell me if the covers are the same for both sides?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
i could be wrong and i sure i will be told BUT i been looking too , think the RSD ones ( of which i a big fan ) fit the brake side BUT cause of slipper clutch i think they different shape and dont fit Clutch side ....

#3 ·
bump .... anyone ??

#5 ·
Those aren't the correct covers either. My covers have the bolts located in the top corner on one side and the bottom corner on the other side. And when I checked I realized they are on the opposite corners for the brake cover then the clutch cover.

Plus I do not like the looks of those covers to be honest. Attached is a pic of the RSD cover.

Attachments

#6 ·
the Vmod web site says suits 02-05 ...... :(

#8 ·
Where is that one from? Do you have a link for it?

#11 ·
Thanks man, must have already started my reply when you posted that.

#10 ·
Nevermind, I found it in Google pics and it is from Precision Billet website. They make a few that will fit for the V Rod on the brake side but for some reason they don't make the matching clutch covers for all but one and it isn't what I am looking for either.

They make an anodised black one in the above carbon fiber model which might be nice but they don't make a matching clutch cover in it.

Here is the link if anyone else is interested:
http://precisionbillet.co/harley/gr...fiber-upper-master-cylinder-cover-for-harley/

#12 ·
ive been looking to upgrade my covers as well. I contacted roland sands and they do not make anything for later vrods. I have an 02 vrsca and a 09 vrscdx and really liked the rsd black ops for the 09 dx but no luck. the main difference I can see between the two years is on the 02 the screw holes are on the sides and on the 09 they are on the corners so to answer your question no the earlier ones will not fit the later years. If you find something let me know and I will do the same good luck

#13 ·
covers

I just ordered and received some chrome clutch and front brake master cylinder covers for my 09 A model from Harley. I do not remember the exact price because I got them at the same time I ordered the stage 2 cams but they were about one hundred dollars. The screws are reversed or the tops are mirror images so they are probably not interchangeable. Mine also had different gaskets for each side, actually the convolutions were different, I did not check the sizes. I did not check for aftermarket covers. Best to you.

#15 ·
my back has a little paint damage on the brake master cylinder cover where some brake fuid seeped out and ive been waiting for rsd to start making their blackout series for our bike....doesn't the aftermarket community know how many v-rodders black out their bikes...correct me if im wrong if they made parts for our bikes they would make a killing in profit...wtf

#18 ·
I have been on the google hunt for some after market covers too, only to find out that you find one but not the matching set for us that own the later models..... called the H-D today they said 130$ for both chrome covers. It is sold in a kit now comes with new seals and screws. Maybe they can throw in new fluid too at that PRICE lol Just dont understand how two pieces of metal cost 130 dollars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.