Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Power commander 2012 maps

9K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  garyzac 
#1 ·
Alright I need some help, I just bought a K&N air filter, a power commander V and a Toxic Big Rig exhaust for my 2012 Night Rod Special. The problem is that there is no map for this combination on the power commander that is available. Does anybody know if I could use the map for the 2011 night rod for this combination? Or does anyone have a map for a 2012? Other than that I have to take it to get dyno tuned. Is it ok to ride the bike after installing these parts and running the power commander mapped to a stock night rod? Too many variables, can anybody help?

#7 ·
Did you add fuel in the 0 throttle position?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#9 ·
Talk to el rod he will square you away, you have to add some fuel in the map in the 0 position and it should help with the popping.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#11 ·
I do not have an auto time yet I have been looking into getting one. I talked to a power commander approved tuning center today who just said yea we can't help you try somewhere else. I will post the table tonight maybe you all can help be figure out where I went wrong. Thanks

#13 ·
Hi there, If you run the bike with the standard settings through the power commander, you may not notice any real gain in performance.
When i had my bike dyno tuned i was told that even the pre-mapped settings that do come standard for certain models may not always give the best results. To get the ultimate performance out of your combination, your best bet is to get the bike dyno tuned and have a custom map built to suit your bike. For a few extra hundered dollars you will the get the best results! hope this helps. Cheers

#15 ·
your reply

The Best Tuner to use is the Race Tuner from Harley, costs a little more but the performance so so much better since the tuner programs the computer unlike the Power Commander that trys to fool the computer installed in the bike. I have experienced both and the Race Tuner is the way to go

#18 ·
I'm not home currently. Go to powercommander.com. I used the HD Vrod 2011 map 009 (last 3). Tweaked a little for personal preference but works good. I could send you the map I have but not til late tonight or timmorow. I am open to trying other maps as well if someone has the same setup with a dyno tune. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.