Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon

36K views 182 replies 41 participants last post by  freudie1 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the site, I just wanted to let you know I have teamed up with Procharger to build kits for the v-rods since they don't offer one. Protoype pics can be checked out at www.hennracingtech.com (they havent been updated in awhile but will get some new ones there this week. I have been working on this kit for about a year. It will be top of the line kit. If you have any questions shoot! I will try to get some pics up of the build asap!

#131 ·
Lookin' great IMHO!

Originally Posted by bwds
also brian ,if theres a chance and u didnt gloss over it ,many of us have arnotts air ride and would love some space to fit the aircompressor ,that was the deal breaker for me on the sprintex kit ,absulutly no room left under the lid for anything
Fool... :stooge:

#132 ·
That is shaping up rather nicely.....

#137 ·
What's a ballpark figure on the kit?

#141 ·
not sure with the intake and blower plate id have to buy in bulk to make it cheep, like thousands of dollars worth. these blowers arn't cheep either. I want to see the numbers it kicks out.....it wont be 3500 id be loosing money.
I have been following this thread with interest, no i wont be buying one as i run a turbo, but talking with guy who did mine there has to be give and take and he predicted loosing on the first 3 or 4 systems as it was a long term commitment.

I would think once you have all the tubing and bits and pieces jigged up the production costs would reduce a lot.

Its a big job and he had my bike for 7 weeks doing mine i hope its priced to sell and you recoup at least some of your outlay.

#144 ·
Muscled'up why dont you post some pics in your gallery? That beast sure must be interesting!

167 RWHP
103 FT LB

Garrett GT25 Ball Bearing Turbo
Custom Built Headers
Custom Built Exhaust
Barnett HD Clutch
Dynojet Quickshifter
SMT Billet Hand Grips,Pegs,Shifter
BPP Belt Guard
440 Progressives
Metzelers
RRC Screen
Custom Air Brushing on Tank
Custom Tank Badges
Joker Machine controls,mirrors and mini LEDs

Gloss Black Powder Coating on:
Peg hangers
Brake and Gear arms
Back Rack
Wheels
Pulley & Cush Drive

Saddle Bags When travelling

#161 ·
There are plenty of pics here on forum i will try loading some up soon

Bike is going through another minor transformation over next 3 weeks (nothing earth shattering ) with paint being touched up and some colour added here and there.

I will build a garage once bike is complete but those who want to see it its in the F section under muscle trask turbo thread

#148 ·
That type of supercharger needs to spun to make boost just like a turbi
Thanks Sherlock :moon: ... except the Turbo is spun by the exhaust gases and will produce virtually little or no Boost at lower RPMs while the SC is spun by the (crankshaft or other motor parts) and can create boost at low RPM and with virtually no Lag !!

#149 ·
This is a centrifugal SC, not a roots style. Basically same powerband as a turbo. The main benefit is less parasitic loss. The trade off is a more expensive unit. You are thinking of a twin screw style blower like a whipple that produces the low end torque.

Really for our application is so small that the differences in performance are pretty much negligable. I am more worried about logetivity and appearance.

#156 ·
I know but it's supposed to be a "generic" setup, if he tries to fulfil everybody's petitions he'll need to end up designing 30 different setups to fit 30 different things in the airbox: one for your Arnott's pump, another one for a 10oz NOS bottle, another one to fit a PCV, another one to fit a TMax, another one to fit an IC, another one to fit a bottle of drinking water, etc. IMHO if you really want those extra HP you sell those damn $1K shocks and enjoy the bike being faster and more fun and forget about slamming it to take pics!!! :spank:

or find somewhere to shove that darn air pump! :soapbox:

#164 ·
how many of you have ridden a bike with a turbo kit? doesn't it get hot on your leg? That right there icould be another benifit to running this kit, not to mention turbo lag and better torque. to each is there own for views on blower vs turbo.

Today I looked at prices for vendors kits...

Superchagers:

$6995.00 G-force Non I/C
$5610.00 TTS/rotrex I/C (converted 3500£ to USD)
$5450.00 Patric Racing Sprintex Non I/C
$5995.00 Vance & Hines Sprintex Non I/C

Turbochargers:

$4995.00 Trask turbo Non I/C
$5490.00 Trask turbo I/C
$5495.00 American turbo power Non I/C
$5995.00 Turbo connection Non I/C

#167 ·
I have ridden the Trask, the TTS, and sat on a Sprintex. Heat is an issue, but less so on a SC. If Nick Trask would route the exhaust out the front, it would help quite a bit. The lower airbox in stock form does an amazing job on heat. When I was testing the Motohooligan on a 4000 mile ride, I was hot. It was a record breaking hot summer, but, I was hot. I also do 500 mile days. I hope Chip can live with it. Joe

#170 ·
:cook

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.