Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon

36K views 182 replies 41 participants last post by  freudie1 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the site, I just wanted to let you know I have teamed up with Procharger to build kits for the v-rods since they don't offer one. Protoype pics can be checked out at www.hennracingtech.com (they havent been updated in awhile but will get some new ones there this week. I have been working on this kit for about a year. It will be top of the line kit. If you have any questions shoot! I will try to get some pics up of the build asap!

#63 ·
After it dynos i will figure out a ram air or somthing like your talking about.....the other night like i posted i was able to move the blower 3/4" closer to the frame. There is no more to go so that part of the set up is done other than the belt gaurd personally im not going to run one but i will ha e the option if wanted.

#64 ·
pm sent goneracing....

#68 ·
The main the intercooler core i will be using is 4.5"x5"x 4" thick this intercooler supports up to 240-250 rear wheel horsepower proven. a 6x9x 3"thick intercooler supports 200-210 rear wheel horsepower. A 6x6x3"thick intercooler core will support 150 rear wheel horsepower that is the intercooler that you see mocked up on the bike obviously that idea got scrapped. A 2" thick core as you can see by those numbers does you nothing for power to air intake temps. now if its watercooled you have to have a radiator for cooling the water, ice/watertank that is vented along with a pump along with a custom air to water intercooler, Then that would work properly. Not to mention pulling all the plastic behind the front tire. Again anything can be done i like that setup but you guys dont want to pay 8-10k per kit

#69 ·
Surface area > thickness anyday. That front mount is about 12x8x2, it would perform much better than a 4x5x4, even without being watercooled. Pulling the front plastic may be a personal choice thing, but I find it very aesthetically pleasing. I am sure a shroud can be fabricated and sold as an add on also.

I was just trying to show that a front mount can easily be done and it looks much better than a 4 inch brick strapped to the side. It wouldnt cost much more money, just a little extra tubing and 2 more bends.

Not trying to critize your work at all, it all looks top notch. Definatly glad to have a new builder in the arena.

#77 ·
Yea I know. I just got kinda excited. I have been looking for a supercharger system for my big bore but cant stand the look of the IC on the side. TTS was the only company I ever saw that put the IC in the front and they are gone. To me, its looks are just as important as the function.

Still really excited to see what numbers this puts out.

#73 ·
The intercooler sizes and and power numbers came directly from procharger testing on there own kits i didnt just make this up.....i know if you google it people say the opposite. Like i said i have 3 different intercoolers to test i just dont see people pulling there front end off to put the cooler there. I agree it would look clean if it fit

#78 ·
Tts Race kit

Very true i had to sort the gremlins myself but its a great kit making serious power runs cool at 185 degrees and makes 240 bhp on pump fuel ,thats totaly usable linear power up to 22 psi boost if you need it .
Heres a couple of recent pics .
Tts can build one as it was done on their cad system ,they are very busy with car stuff most of the time but have produced a nice billet plenum now that they have on the shelf.

Attachments

#85 ·
Very true i had to sort the gremlins myself but its a great kit making serious power runs cool at 185 degrees and makes 240 bhp on pump fuel ,thats totaly usable linear power up to 22 psi boost if you need it .
Heres a couple of recent pics .
Tts can build one as it was done on their cad system ,they are very busy with car stuff most of the time but have produced a nice billet plenum now that they have on the shelf.
Martin, who needs 250 hp???? Nobody cares about the power output as you can see... all they want is a supercharger for the looks, but make it stealth so it can't be seen!!! :rofl:

PS: censors deleting post in 5,4,3,3,1...

#84 ·
Don't forget.when measuring to remember a lot.of.people have progressive lowering springs,their forks lowers in the fork tubes and some have.longer front fenders and lastly some models and people have the screaming eagle chin spoiler .hope there will be the two or three location options.looking.at.the bike last night was wondering what about 2 streamlinedl smaller ones each side ,again simular to a fighter jet

Anyway great to hear you are open to suggestions and putting in some.ground work on the phone to try to keep us angry mob happy .lol .thankyou for that

Brett

#89 ·
Traitor Brett....

#93 ·
super bummed out i just compressed the front end leaving me with less than 1.5" to work with, they said i need a 2.25" minimum core and i measured on to the center of the curve on the sheild making it even less. thats probably why a bunch that you see are curved and down low. I heard through the grape vine that those are made over seas. mines even a stock front suspension, just waisted a day dicking around with that this looks like its gonna be on the right side unless i start cutting into the bike. It was looking good for a min.

#96 ·
Couldnt you get your intercooler guy to build it skinnier in middle and larger to outer edges to give you capacity your looking for?

Or make two and line them up either side with nothing in middle where its close.
Just having pipe work connecting them?

#94 ·
so far good news though there wont be a air filter on the blower im putting it inline, couple reasons you wont have a horrible long filter sticking off the blower and if the blower lets go, it wont go into your motor. also less pressure drop to make it more efficient pushing through the filter rather than sucking through

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.