Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

ProCharger V-Rod kits coming soon

36K views 182 replies 41 participants last post by  freudie1 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the site, I just wanted to let you know I have teamed up with Procharger to build kits for the v-rods since they don't offer one. Protoype pics can be checked out at www.hennracingtech.com (they havent been updated in awhile but will get some new ones there this week. I have been working on this kit for about a year. It will be top of the line kit. If you have any questions shoot! I will try to get some pics up of the build asap!

#2 ·
PM me. I am a beta tester for TTS superchargers. I have a few lessons learned to share. Joe

#6 ·
:them:

The whole setup is awful looking !! for the streets anyways.. :deal:
Need to find a way to tuck everything in including the piping

What would be the sense in adding a power boosting Supercharger and then put power losing
Toxic pipes on it !!!

#5 ·
in support of pro charger hooking up us vrods ,but i agree with oz ,thats intercooler just screams out , trask lookalike ,im wanting something a lot more under wraps or at least bleneded in with the lines of our bikes , that might be hard with an f model ,better u come up with something on a dx or A model ,no one wants or owns an F cos they are butt ugly to start with :hidesbeh:

#7 ·
Love the idea of a Pro Charger kit for the vrod. That is way overdue. However, I agree that the intercooler needs to be more discreet - that is the main reason I never bought a turbo.

#10 ·
A few things have changed on the bike intercooler location is still the same......if anyone of you guys have a better location let me know I've tried it all with 3 different styles and set ups you have to remember what you where looking at is not the finished product and those pics are old, looks like I had better get it done and show the final product.

#15 ·
The reason for the intercooler being on the side is so it will get as much fresh air blowing through it as possible (there will be a small scoop/flange to catch air)....this is why HD put the radiator inlet/scoops on the sides of the front tire and not directly behind it. At that point you might as well not run a intercooler its dead air back behind the tire! Not to mention throwing road debris at it. When it gets tuned ill put some 2-1 pipes on it and see what power/torque difference is, im pretty sure a 2-1 will make more torque though.

#17 ·
Well since you are new here and looking for a free focus group, you should offer free tee shirts to the 10 people who give you the most insightful information. I'll be brutally honest with you.

Using your website is tedious. Many websites let you click the right or left side of a picture to let you see the next or last pic. User experience
counts. Crappy websites just make people think Mom & Pop shop with no substance. Your home page should be a high levl summary of your business with a link bar to some of your projects. No one wants to look at the ass end of an ugly old pacer with knowing why. Somewhere on your website you have labled the 2012 Muscle as an 03 VROD, need to fix.

Looks like you do some cool stuff in your shop. Good luck.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What are you trying to accomplish with this supercharge project? Are you building something intended for track use or street use? I ask, because if it is strictly for track use, it doesn't matter how hideous you make it, function defines form.

If you trying to make something that people will be happy to put on a 18k Harley, your product is too ugly. The finish should match the engine. The charger part protrudes to far to the left of the engine. The belt cover is too plain looking, I realize The belt cover is a prototype, but it looks out of place with the style designed into the engine. Can you make a cover that emulates the look of the OEM?

The belt looks to flimsy, are you sure it is strong enough? Is there an option to jet coat or ceramic coat the pipes? If so, flat black would look best underneath the heat shields displayed.

#19 ·
Tips about the website will be taken into consideration and fixed and I appreciate the advise. I have the website www.boostedharley.com being built strictly for this. I could award shirts for sure! pipes are already ceramic coated flat black with gloss black sheilds, there will be a jazzed up belt guard bolted over top of the stator plate/blower mount. As for the blower getting pushed in farther there is no room as the jug is in the way. The belt should be ok, but remember this has not ran yet. the kit it will be offered in polished or black (on the website was raw parts that have not been cleaned up and even mock up stuff.

#21 ·
PM sent. The trick is making it work, first. Then, make it look nicer. Are prochargers self contained? Has it's own oil supply? Does it need a oil cooler for it self? How does the plenum look? Take a look at the other attempts. Seems like a huge SC. The new Ford SC's are the size of a baseball. Where will the air filter go? Farther outboard?
Seems to me the area vacated by the airbox and filter is the place to put the SC. see Wally Roehr's bike. Modding the airbox to get everything under there is one way. I think the air filter can be remote - and double as the PTO belt shroud, up the side. Just an idea.

#22 ·
On the inter-cooler front... where you have the pipe going across the top of the radiator is there enough room to mount a barrel style air/water one? with possibly using a transmission cooler for your water heat exchanger mounted in a modified version of the stock radiator cover( I was thinking just trim the stock black plastic to inset the cooler in and that would do two things first be blending the look together as well as allowing more air to the stock radiator for better cooling)? There should be enough room in the stock air box area to mount a 12v pump pending the plenum size of your kit you are putting together. Speaking of plenum size you may need to account for the Arnott and other air shock manufacturer's air pumps as they are mounted in the air box area on NA bikes.

#23 ·
prochargers are self contained without a oil cooler there will be a couple of options for look as far as the air filter goes it will stick out about a inch or 2 more if that route is taken. the other option is a inline filter that i will be working on like what procharger has on some of there kits. There is a bunch of r&d that went into this so far with tons more to go, not to mention the radiator lines are changed. the supercharger is a B-1 model from procharger and if more power is needed there will be a C-1 upgrade for built engines.

#24 ·
I don't think running a air to water intercooler off the radiator would make that big of a difference as far as cooling the air intake temp. low enough. If you were to go that route there would have to be a seperate water/ice tank to get your temps low enough to make a difference. I like the idea! I build drag cars and thats all we use for blower/turbo systems.

#25 ·
A good fibreglass cover on the intercooler would do me fine with a good streamlined scoop unlike the trask one .and the option of using our own pipe.asthetics is super important,along with a fair amount of stealth factor.now drink drink those red bulls plenty of us are waiting .tts dumped the.vrod and buyers waiting for the testing and fixes to be ironed out .never happened ,so their loss may be your gain

#26 ·
Hmmmmmmmm......will pricing be compareable to Trask?

Suscribed.......

#27 ·
Seen as though you are in development stage why dont you try and incorporate your intercooler into the fake air vents on the F?

You could open the sides more and cut shape of opening on waterjet then build the radiators in shape of openings but larger and have one either side o it looks like its meant to be there.

I/C is way to big as it is, where have you relocated the on/off switch too?

#28 ·
Don't forget .if you.run that tube across the top of the radiator .earlier models up to I think 08 have there regulators up there and I wouldn't want to.have to unbolt a suit load of stuff to get to it

Also don't build this unit as if we were normal h,d riders who like everything in face ,to show of ,that we have no style.lol.we do and we are not

#29 ·
ok guys few things. there will be a race version and a street sleek version as far as intercoolers go. the intercooler on the website is a 6x6x3 in size. The "race" version or people who dont car about looks and want the best performance will have a 6x9x3 sized intercooler its already done and on the bike, i get now after posting this that you guys want a sleeper style, which i will be building this week there is only so much room to make things work while getting what you pay for. example the trask turbo system with a intercooler in my opinion is not a good idea....putting the intercooler as close to the jugs as possible and not let any air get to them does not cool the air inlet temps. i havent seen dyno sheets on that kit with or without intercooler but not impressed by looking at it in a performance aspect. not trying to knock there kit what so ever im sure it works. to answer the cost in compairison I will be right there with trask yes, hopefully cheaper! give me a few days and I will release some better pics im actually drinking a monster and working on it. everyone has a opinion i get that im doing the best i can to try to make it as marketable as possible, but remember Im going for the most power/reliability as possible for you guys......i take each positive comment into consideration.
thanks brian

#31 ·
It would probably work better if the inter-cooler was of a dual design. Make it symmetrical and hang one inter-cooler unit one each side of the bike. On the left side, move the SC up and back closer to where the horn is so that a second inter-cooler would be in a straight line. This unit should fit all VRODs.

I think Muscled_up was onto something, with the comment about the fake air vents. You could also make a Muscle specific version by removing the plastic OEM faux intake port altogether and replace with inter-cooler of the same shape but thicker and maybe larger the faux intake port, add a protruding scoop that directs airflow over the fins, think VMAX look.

Judging from the frontal view there should be a way to do this that would be functional and efficient.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.