Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Another Destroyer in the 8's

5K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  stomper 
#1 ·
Congratulations to Corey Buttieg. He just ran 8.90 @ 147 mph in Australia.

#13 ·
It started out with Lou building for Scotty, but now Dan Lesnock an American, now residing in Australia, builds Scotty's motors using both parts and I'm sure, valuable information from Lou Gerencer who is VR28 right here on the Forum.

These builds are done out of Gasoline Alley Harley - Davidson in Brisbane which is owned by a Canadian, Grant Price.

Good combination, Canadian, Americans ( Lou and Dan both ) and and an Aussie Rider / Owner. :)

Be nice to see how low Scotty and Corey can go " Down under " this race season.

Good luck to both teams.

#19 ·
Scotty's is a 95in. Corey's is .030 over Destroyer. We did more head work on Scotty's and Dan freshened his engine. We did our AHDRA Destroyer class spec mods on Corey's parts and Dan did the rest. Dan has been at the track helping them both. They both use Destroyer cams.

#30 ·
#28 ·
Hi guys,
Well it actually went 8.96 so 1 100th better than my 8.97 so far. Corey has just gone through the whole proces after some persuasion to get the whole package done over. He has all the light stuff on his bike, alloy wheelie bar, alloy disc rotors, even light bolts. We are jusst using sheer cubes and everything stock. Both engines were just recently rebuilt with a big thanks to Lou Gerencer and Gasoline Alley Harley Davidson's Dan Lesnock for all of their effort. Mine went 9.02 first pass after the rebuild and have only had that solo on it since the freshen up. Corey has had about 6 passes on his and has played around with it a little but there is more in it for sure! Looking forward to running an 8.8 pass very soon! :thumb:

#37 ·
Gidday guys, Firstly thanks Pat & Stomp, I appreciate the luck and wishes ;)

Jerry, not sure what numbers we will end up with but definitely better numbers to come!
Coming back to the US in July but at this stage only coming to the West coast for my honeymoon.

Brett, the new clutch is a few months away, most likely for next season as our season finishes in June. With the "auto" and the slider it would have to be good for 3 or 4 tenths.

Demthios, thank you :thumb:

#44 ·
Very impressive everyone! Great to see people going faster and faster! Since a few of you from down under are posting here, I'm trying to get a set of those indexable cam sprockets from Hot Rod Choppers...it's been since December last year...any ideas? Anybody have a set of them new as spare parts that they want to sell? Anybody else reverse engineering them and producing them? I would like a set soon and another set for back up later on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.