Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

# of VRSCB owners

VRSCB How many owners do we have

39K views 312 replies 185 participants last post by  RONVROD 
#1 ·
VRSCB owners check in! I made it a poll to help keep easy count.

#253 ·
Any advice on both a first time HD owner and First time V-ROD owner for this bike? Mine is an 05, with 5400 miles, was recently serviced at HD dealer. Some things I would like to do but I am squeamish about doing it as it is pretty much 100% stock with the exception of the shifter linkage.

Dog A$$ removal
Move to side mount plate (axle)
LED fender edge turn/break signals.
Relocate front turns, I have an older style clamp mount kit that I am not sure I want to use. I was uneducated that there were options in that respect. (I have that kit to sell if anyone wants it ;-)
Invert the mirrors. That is about all I want to do, maybe get a slipper clutch, and 200mm rear tier but I do not want to do much more except maybe some styling things. Not a BIG chrome guy but I hope the polished aluminum is not going to be hard to care for. Tips there would be appreciated.

The bike looks brand new, there is absolutely no surface corrosion or dirt anywhere on this bike, there are a few bugs on the mirrors from me riding.
I was told from the previous owner that the owner before him had Ceramic pads put on it, so so far I am seeing no brake dust on the rims. I wipe them down with a microfiber rag every couple rides.

#266 ·
Bought my '04 Black B two weeks ago!

I'm not sure what seat came on it, but he included the stock seat in a box.

I've got the straight down-slashed SE pipes on it and a compact windshield.

The windshield I was sure I was going to remove. But I'll admit, it's very very nice to have.

#267 ·
I have the really early Mid Sport windshield. It has a nice curve to it, and stops just below my chin, so all it really does is lighten the torso wind load on the freeway. Took it off once for two weeks, hasnt been off since. I guess all the windshield people were right....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.