Best Tuner for custom turbo 1250 (SE Pro SuperTuner 32109-08A software Help) - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Big Bore/Turbo/SC/NOS area
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Pono
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best Tuner for custom turbo 1250 (SE Pro SuperTuner 32109-08A software Help)

Hi guys need some advice on tuners for custom turbo application (garrett gt2554r 8psi).......

I have the SE Pro SuperTuner 32109-08A 08/15/09 dated currently

However I have no software cd or cable... Can anybody help with either?

What other cost effective options are there?
Pono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
SickRick
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Buy the cable - only like $39. I'm assuming the SEPST was either married to the bike or new in box, right?

I believe RSC has a 1250 Trask tune (posted in the EFI section) that should get you in the ballpark for your application - or at least get the bike running and on the dyno...

Rick

Rolling: Penske 8983NR/TD AK-20 Dual-Lyndall Rotors/Red+-Brembo P4/34 Calipers-BST CF's-Ceramic Brngs-Conti RA's- Microline Hydraulics

Looks: Polished SS Bolts-Rizoma Rearset/Pegs-Trucklite/LEDMirrors-LED Tail-BlueLED Gages-PVD Black Fork Tubes-Woodcraft Clip-Ons-NMC Windshield(s)-Cluster Relo- Valentine-1 - Blinder 905c
SickRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Pono
Registered Full

Thanks for the advice mate. So I just ordered the following.

I did contact trask first to purchase thundermax and 2 bar map sensor only to get no reply. Good one guys!

ND-CD ROM,SUPER TUNER,S.E. PRO
Item #: 32111-12

CABLE KIT SE PRO SUPER TUNERCABLE KIT SE PRO SUPER TUNER
Item #: 32184-08A

SUPER TUNER DVD TRAINING DISCSUPER TUNER DVD TRAINING DISC
Item #: 32101-10

$152.35 From Fraser Motorcycles
Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
rsc
Killer Service Inc.

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I just paid 40.00usd for the software.

I would use the tunner you have.

My map is posted in the EFI section copy and paste should get you started as Rick has said.

2012 Ultra Classic

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion!
You're merely over-educated beyond your ability to think!

Malcomx" It turns out that the truth is pretty good protection."

V-rod mechanics 101:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rscrod

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the original author. These opinions do not represent those of KSI-LLC.com / Killer Service and Innovations, LLC
rsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Pono
Registered Full

RSC thanks mate. That will be a great help!! My bike goes in this saturday!! :
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
rsc
Killer Service Inc.

it is a custom map for both cylinders.

2012 Ultra Classic

V-rod mechanics 101:

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the original author. These opinions do not represent those of KSI-LLC.com / Killer Service and Innovations, LLC
Old 04-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Pono
Registered Full

Have you got meth injection??? If I find any room for a small tank I think I will go for 1.... Cool down the charged air and mabye allow me to bump the boost up to 10psi...
Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

pono easily find the room replace the overflow bottle and there is plenty of room there....
Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #9
rsc
Killer Service Inc.

No meth yet looking at systems

2012 Ultra Classic

V-rod mechanics 101:

Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
SickRick
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pono View Post
Have you got meth injection??? If I find any room for a small tank I think I will go for 1.... Cool down the charged air and mabye allow me to bump the boost up to 10psi...
In the windshield washer reservoir - or at least that's where I put it on my corvette. Got a 5 gallon can of the stuff in my garage (leftovers).

Problem with running meth, is RUNNING OUT OF METH if your tune is dependent on it. If you're setting up for track only, this isn't a problem - on a street bike, it just might be.

As OZRacer mentioned - you could probably replace the overflow bottle (or re-task it) - but then you're going to have to more carefully monitor your coolant levels, as you're going to be forced to "dump" your overflow.

Meth to prevent detonation at high boost can be helpful (actually 50/50 water/meth), but there's very little real estate on these bikes to hang a bottle big enough to make it worthwhile (for the street), plus the real estate and wiring for the spray, plus where to locate the nozzle(s) (2 required if you're direct injecting into the intake, 1 if into the plenum - or pre-compressor). A water/meth combo is also considered to be "somewhat abrasive" to impeller components in compressor systems - as you're shooting liquid into an air compressor (even if it is a mist) if you're injecting pre-compressor.

You're also going to need a controller for the meth, and a pump - probably a "progressive" controller - like the Snow Performance System, which "meters" the amount of spray according to boost level - as the boost goes up, so does the spray. Excessive spraying at low boost will "bog down" the motor by cooling the charge TOO MUCH (putting out the fire essentially). I had good success with this system on my vette at 14PSI of boost - I was able to put 5 degrees more timing on the top end (and gained almost 10HP by doing so).

Honestly though - most people will DROP COMPRESSION (low comp pistons and/or bigger head gaskets) in order to put more boost in. You reach a "diminishing point of returns" though at some point, where dropping the compression to allow more boost, also drops the power levels to the point where it no longer makes sense to keep adding boost. Most Revo systems are at 8PSI to run without further modifications for that reason.

Also - more boost = more HEAT produced by compressing the air charge, and unless you're running a good intercooler (water:air - not just plain air) you may heat the charge beyond the ability for a reasonable water/meth system to be effective also. Only a couple of the garrett based systems have effective intercooling setups (and Traske ISN'T one of them) for high boost applications - one in Sweden/Denmark that we've seen here, that has the intercooler in front of the radiator, lots of extra plumbing that it "loses" that radiator shrouds to accommodate. Cools the intake charge a lot better, but at the expense of killing the looks of the bike - unless you LIKE your bike to have all kinds of pipes and hoses hanging out all over the place.

Which brings me back to the question I always seem to ask - and that's WHY? What are you seeking to accomplish here? If it's a track only drag bike - GO FOR IT. You can tune for 1/4 mile at a time WOT, if that's all you're planning on doing with it. For an "all around street bike", you may end up building a setup that's just too unwieldy to make run properly in all throttle ranges, and create more maintenance/reliability issues to make it worthwhile for a daily driver.

Rick

Rolling: Penske 8983NR/TD AK-20 Dual-Lyndall Rotors/Red+-Brembo P4/34 Calipers-BST CF's-Ceramic Brngs-Conti RA's- Microline Hydraulics

Looks: Polished SS Bolts-Rizoma Rearset/Pegs-Trucklite/LEDMirrors-LED Tail-BlueLED Gages-PVD Black Fork Tubes-Woodcraft Clip-Ons-NMC Windshield(s)-Cluster Relo- Valentine-1 - Blinder 905c
SickRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Pono
Registered Full

Sick Rick, Cheers for the input. Firstly Id say it would be into the plenum.
And as to why..? Well honestly its just some food for thought, My bike has not seen the drag strip bout (180klm away) and may never see it. Its simply a weekender so wouldnt see more than 200klm a day. From what Ive been informed only a minor amount gets used... We have 100octane on pump here in oz now (98premium with 10% ethanol) So I think a little meth might go a long way. I dont want to go with low compression pistons etc as I want the kit removable whenever I wish or when a police officer decides to question the legality of my bike.

Meth or no meth I am not worried and will leave it up to the mechanical engineer fabricating the kit.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
Ozracer
Night Rod Muscle

Pono you can make a fair bit of room by going to alot smaller lithium battery this would give you a stack of room in the front of the bike for meth injection
Old 04-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
Pono
Registered Full

Yea Ive seen a few pics with the lithium batt.. Well see how we go. Heres couple of pics with the mock up position. Im really confident we will create something of really good quality and performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0382.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	180438   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0381.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	180439  
Sponsored Links