Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Riding to Work……….NRS

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  steveiep68 
#1 ·
Remembering my younger days of speed and immatureness, I have been riding the NRS to work for about a month now, give or take a few days of rain downpours, that have keep me from it.
Now more mature, and a lot more patient, I seem to enjoy the bike probably more than i did when i rode younger.
And since it has been updated for the 5.8 heigth driver, withouth any aftermarket extras, the updates made to the NRS, to me make it a more enjoyable ride. Knowing the power and potency is there if I need it, I ride it to work, not drive it, ride it……………
Ride safe, drive cautiously, be all well……...:moped:

#3 ·
Ha, I started riding cycles back in the days where many adults remembered Holister and the bands of soldiers coming back from WWII buying up surplus 45's and hitting the road creating wild packs of nomadic biker gangs. That's what started the bad images. These kids today all got homes to go to, jobs and money, they just sneak out and act bad in groups. When was the last time you heard of a motorcycle gang taking over a town?:kaz:

I ride to work every day on my NRS, it's like Mosses parting the sea the way I split lanes. We have the 2nd worst traffic commutes in the nation. People tend to give you wide berth. It's legal here in California. I try to do it safely and use armor and special lighting on the rod.

#6 ·
I ride just about everday although I dont have any cold weather gear so if its under 50* Ill just drive the DFTM (domesticated family transport module = suburban) in to work. 60 miles roundtrip. Only thing that sucks is the traffic here in DFW, sitting in that crap at 5 on a bike SUCKS! I leave at 645 so I just miss morning traffic.

#7 ·
I had been riding up until a few weeks ago when the mornings started getting into the mid 40's. Not been riding the NRS though. I have a Buell Super TT that I like for back and forth to work in the fall. Summer time when it's hot here in SC I do take the NRS due to it being water cooled and much better at the stop lights. I do miss riding though, big time, it is fun getting off work knowing I have a ride home on two wheels. Man, long time to spring, but it's supposed to be in the 70's this weekend so the wife is off and we will get out some then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.