Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What did you do to your V-Rod today

1M views 8K replies 930 participants last post by  2003 VRod Rider 
#1 ·
I noticed we didn't have one of these, and figured I'd make one. I mod on some car forums, and they are usually pretty interesting topics.

So did you mod, maintain, fix something?

Today
- I changed and bled the rear brakes (now its very very stiff hmmm)
- Relocated the rear signal to the shock mounts using a kit (required pulling the shock tops, rear fender, under-fender, cutting the under fender, and extending the wires)
- Installed the side-mount from Killervrod.... had to cut my plate smaller, but looks good. I didn't install the LED yet.
- Removed the Screaming Chicken exhaust and packed them up, getting TAB's this week

#7,808 ·
Wiped the R down after a evening shower ride last weekend, rode to the ACE Cafe Orlando on a beautiful 58 degree night - bike running tight and right, cool and crispy - met a bunch of friends and co-workers, bikes, beers, laughs - finally it's not 102 Degrees with afternoon Thunderstorms so this is the time to ride. Could have ridden her all night, but not retired yet so it's off to bed, back to the rock pile in the am. V Rods Rule !!

#7,812 ·
Always have a backup bike - at least if it ain't snowing -

Squeezed in the last few miles on the R to 24,000 miles even - cancelled the road insurance to begin the engine removal and buildup of my new engine - lots of box's, with H-D parts and tools, Jones Cams, ported heads, 1250 cases etc. already bought and ready for the build, final decisions to be made on stroker crank, pistons, gotta order the replacement 2nd gear, D.T.T.Gen 4, etc. Started this over a year ago but a new grandson, a death in family, work interceded - so I rode her till now. Hopefully I'll be able to prosecute the mission this time. No worries, I got a super nice 3 Cylinder Triumph 900 with 3 into 2 reverse megaphone exhaust & Dyno jetted carbs all dialed in to give me something to ride until my beautiful, capable Miss R Model returns, with a do over to be badder than ever - Big Fun !! :blahblah: :D

#7,813 ·
I just de-baffled my 08's exhaust via front side.
Cut the baffles in the rear by Dremel, and bore front side with 57mm (2-1/4in) hole saw.
This keep the stock exhaust look, and, perhaps I'll experiment with DBkillers later.
But I lost input sleeves. I'll think about it. in the spring.

Attachments

#7,818 ·
Had a heat wave of 60 yesterday before the storm came in so I bled my clutch fluid and learned that the second actuator bleed screw is quite buggered up. Need to dress it with a file and see if I can clean it up.

AND I adjusted the shock preload. It was set to 4 and I read that is for riding 2 up which I don't do so I reduced it to 2.

Then had a short ride to check it out. Feels much better.

#7,823 ·
Jan-Dirk You are the only V Rod rider on the Entire Planet Earth that slid off an inlet manifold clamp at 20 PSI today ! CONGRATULATIONS !! :D Me, I'm just ordering a few more parts for my new engine build and repacking my 4" Outlet resonator with steel wool packing since my exhaust blew out all the weak fiberglass crap it came with ( BMW Auto exhaust tip fitted to a Bub 7 2-1 ) 200+ mile ride tomm. to Ocala National forest and back to be sure exhaust melody is correct. ( Quality Control ) :blahblah: :D

#7,829 ·
Rebuilt the gas springs of HD hard saddlebags.
Ok, actually I bought new springs from DIY furniture store for $2 each (also available on Aliexpress for about same price).
Then I removed the ball ends from the original gas springs, drilled them with 5mm drill, tappered M6x1.0 and screwed to the furniture gas springs. Done.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.