Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

What the 2002 VRSCA should have looked like!

3K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  99evo 
#1 ·
Just had some professional pictures taken of my 02 VRSCA aka "Silver Bullet". In my eyes this is what the bike should have looked like from the factory.

ENJOY

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Pretty. List mods! Particularly the stuff you do/did to make it unique.
I wonder if I have lost my mind when the mods total more than the price of the bike? Remember when HD had that display on a Sporty - the accessories were more than the bike? 9K in stuff on a 7K bike? I thought - "what idiot would do that?" ..........then, I added up my mods: paint, wheels, supercharger, exhaust, avons, bar ends, grips, custom made saddle, HC tail light, LED's, Road rod parts, slipper, Street trackers..............FUK! I had to stop counting when I exceeded the purchase price. Some folks sip the kool-aid. Some swig it. Looks like I guzzle it! Looking at Scott's Silver Bullet, he takes a nip now and again, too! Nicely done, very classy. Joe

#10 ·
Joe I could not agree with you more! HA I thankfully have done all the work myself but I would honestly hate to see the grand total if I added it up.

#12 ·
Yes sir Silver Bullet is my pride and joy she was my first engine build. Big Red is her young sister that gets all the attention now days especially with a bigger big bore.

#11 ·
You are absolutely correct sir! I couldn't help but notice something on this bike that I have been wondering about for sometime now. I always thought it should be no big deal to accomplish. It looks to me like you have O2 sensors on this bike. Is it a big deal to put O2 sensors on and run a PC V or equivalent tuner? What's involved in doing so?

#13 ·
I run Daytona Twin Tec VRFID exclusively seeing I sell them. With their system the Wego III is a separate unit and it operates the O2 sensors only, you can purchase it with a reader box and collect the data, then download it using their software and then open up the PC V software and make necessary changes or you can ditch the PC V system and run a complete kit called a VRFID. Make sense?

#15 ·
Build Sheet

FM stands for Fitzgerald Motorsports

FM Drag Bars w HHI hand controls, Kuryakyn grips and Joker Mirrors
HD SE Headlight visor
HD Chromed Lowers
Frank Front Fork Slam Kit
FM 26T Steel Pulley
FM 19 x 3 custom designed and machined wheel
FM 20 x 8.5 custom designed and machined wheel
FM Rear Pulley designed and machined
FM Rear Brake Pulley Side w/ Hub designed and machined
Swingarm chopped by FM
Arnott Air Ride
Heavycycles Taillight
Kuryakyn Bullet Turn Signals
Pondo Engraved Covers
FM 58mm Throttle Body
Destroyer Injectors
FM Street Strip Heads
Jones Cams
Destroyer Crank
CP Pistons
FM Engine Brace
FM Bearings Pinned
FM ARP Head Studs
Diamond Heads w/ powder coated heads to match lower case
FM Head Badges
VH Shift Shaft
VH 2nd Gear
VH Indy Pipe NO Baffle ceramic coated silver
HD Slipper Clutch
HD 09 Oil Pump
Daytona Twin Tec VRFID II
Ricks 5 gallon tank
CFR Seat
FM Rear License Plate designed and machined
Chrome odds and ends

I think that is it! WOOF

Attachments

#16 ·
Well Done Scott!

I do like the set up!

#17 ·
Evening ohioVROD ~ apologies for further questions.

The rear turn signals, are they Kuryakan too and if so which model as don't appear to be bullets? How are they mounted to the top of your shock, a relocator bar? If so, where did you buy it please?

Bike looks great, I'm new to HD (but old to bikes) and have just landed myself with a VRSCA 2003 SIlver Anniversary with 3k miles only, all standard... at the moment.

Including the black plastic rear fender and lights...

#18 ·
#21 ·
Thanks both, I've sent them an email tonight (UK time) and will update thread, the relocator bar is the best I've seen.

Here in UK you can easily buy the HD mini bullet set but is almost impossible to buy the necessary 'Mounting Kit'... is a real mission.

Once I relocate the the indicators (turn signals), I'll just need to think about getting that horrible piece of OEM black plastic off the rear and think about placing the plate elsewhere ~ side mount would be nice though still looking for a simple chrome one with merely a light for the plate and no red tail light (bike is a VRSCA 2003 100th Anniversary with tail light in fender see).

Thanks chaps.

#25 ·
So what size is this engine?
Who knew kool aid could be pumped from a fire hose?

#26 ·
My first motor which was a 1302 with massive help from Lonnie, Elvis, and Big Will in March of 2008.

#31 ·
cool beans with those wheels man! what are they? and I like the idea of the belt guards off,showing the full swingarm..sweet! :moped:

#33 ·
I made the wheel in our precision machine shop that we operate in called D.A. Fitzgerald Co. Seeing Fitzgerald is Irish we picked the 3 leaf shamrock as our design for the wheels. We then designed the wheel and machined it in our Hurco VMX 42 CNC, once complete they were sent out to for polish and chrome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.