Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Akraprovic Exhaust - New batch to arrive in US in April

3K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Stealth k3 
#1 ·
So it is no longer discontinued apparently. This is according to the email response I received from Akro this morning.

I don't want to spend the extra money really, but every exhaust out there is too obnoxiously loud for me.

Good news for those still looking!

They also said you can pre-order at any of their dealers.

#11 ·
From Akra..

"I am the only rep in all of the USA. So I’m not sure who you spoke with. However, I can confirm again that Parts Unlimited (Our distributor) has a shipment coming in April for these systems. Your dealer should be able to place a pre order with them.

Best,

Nicole Allen, MBA
Motorcycle Division Team
"

Must be market-dependent.

#14 ·
I posted a couple of months ago a message I received from Akra on this very subject. They stated that they had ceased production but that they had not discontinued them and fully expected them to be available at a later date. I guess that date has arrived. I would have been extremely surprised if they had discontinued the line considering they claim to have taken a couple of years to develop it in the first place.

I consider the Akra 'a niche product for a niche product' so I wouldn't be surprised if they only do 1 or 2 product runs a year and just let them run out, but who really knows, I'm just glad more people will get to love this pipe even if it can be a bit temperamental :p

#22 ·
Cant wait for these to be back in stock.

#25 ·
Great exhaust, I have one on my 07, isn't that loud same as all the other aftermarkets, but they take extra care in the welds and design, fits like a glove moves more into the engine so you have more leg room and they are art work to look at.

#27 ·
It may be worth emailing any company that shows they have the exhaust on there web page, you will find they will list the system but not have it in stock only to order it from Akrapovic to be told they are not available I must have ordered 3 systems before I finlay got one from Canada

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.