Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

$10k of damage.....

4K views 78 replies 22 participants last post by  Vambo 
#1 ·
Gotta love the "Stuff Happens" motto. Guy hits me in a parking lot and does $10,000 worth of damage to the baby my g/f just recently left me because of. Great how things work out. Bike is in the shop for at least a month and my crushed foot is out a bit longer. Dealer is basically rebuilding the whole bike.

That's the pity shot; now the concerns. As they are going through this with the giant list of parts to replace what are some hidden damages that might crop up? It was laid down for about 45 minutes would their be concern for engine damage even though the impact didn't really involve the engine? And replacing frame sections is necessary should the be concern for the rest of the frame? I wish I knew more about the bike other than how to ride it, but I don't and I just want it right again. I was hit in the right side and somehow as I was flipping over the bike and hood of a car it landed on its right side. From the left you wouldn't know it to be wrecked. Any advice and possible upgrades here since it will be in pieces already would be welcome.

#65 ·
Wow dude. People either like to use em or don't. But all that ranting makes your point of view just as bad as the picture you are painting. What makes the use so irritating is simply rude people. We have always had them always will. Rant about inconsiderate a-holes not a whole people that happen to like more function to carry around with them. If I didn't have my smartphone my accident (yes my accident, which inch is what this thread was about) it would have been much more aggravating waiting to take photos and get personal info. I don't carry around a pen and paper, camera, or change for a pay phone if you can find one anywhere. No luckily I have a wonderful device that lets me do all that in one.

And here now, because I can't get around as easily as I'd like and it hurts to leave my foot hanging down I don't have to sit at a desk to read all this nonsense in a thread I created. I can do it from the couch with my foot comfortably propped up because my phone allows me to. So yeah you might hate them but that shouldn't be the focus. Hate the fact that there are still rude people in the world and if it wasn't a phone it would be something else they would invade your life with.

#67 ·
Wow dude. People either like to use em or don't. But all that ranting makes your point of view just as bad as the picture you are painting. What makes the use so irritating is simply rude people. We have always had them always will. Rant about inconsiderate a-holes not a whole people that happen to like more function to carry around with them. If I didn't have my smartphone my accident (yes my accident, which inch is what this thread was about) it would have been much more aggravating waiting to take photos and get personal info. I don't carry around a pen and paper, camera, or change for a pay phone if you can find one anywhere. No luckily I have a wonderful device that lets me do all that in one.
And here now, because I can't get around as easily as I'd like and it hurts to leave my foot hanging down I don't have to sit at a desk to read all this nonsense in a thread I created. I can do it from the couch with my foot comfortably propped up because my phone allows me to. So yeah you might hate them but that shouldn't be the focus. Hate the fact that there are still rude people in the world and if it wasn't a phone it would be something else they would invade your life with.
I'm sure having the camera/phone/internet/daily planner/nintendo was a real life changer in this instance. Never said they were a bad thing or hated them in and of themselves - that's on you.
And I thought I was ranting about the inconsiderate azzholes. No?

#68 ·
Vambo, I'm with you, some moron on Christmas day doing Skype at the next table, loud as hell holding the phone in the air, getting all his relatives in it. Here in Korea every other person walking has one clamped to their ear while walking and driving.

Boy has this thread digressed. PS I think Big Tony's place looks good. He certainly has a well stocked liquor rack.

#72 ·
Vambo, I'm with you, some moron on Christmas day doing Skype at the next table, loud as hell holding the phone in the air, getting all his relatives in it. Here in Korea every other person walking has one clamped to their ear while walking and driving.

Boy has this thread digressed. PS I think Big Tony's place looks good. He certainly has a well stocked liquor rack.
I gotta believe that is not Bog Tony's house...........otherwise things are way worse than I suspected.

#71 ·
Back in 05 i layed my 04 vrod down in the grass when i missed a curve. Did just over 10,000 in damage. Basically just stuff was scatched and dented. The backrest and hand lever was broke. They replaced the whole frame just cause it had a small scratch.
Still got the bike today and still runs fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.