Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

question and some FYI for the 12 and up DX guys

660 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Lason 
#1 ·
So tonight I was install in my Tabs, having problems with them sealing, and the brackets between the cans is waaayy off, gonna have to do some bending and reaming of the holes. that seams to be the answers i found in searching.
Next installing the airfilter, now I already found out "on the lift during the oil change" that Amsoil doesn't make an oil filter that fits the newer NRS the old oil filter has a smaller center hole and the bike has a larger pipe than previous years. Also the Amsoil air filter that i have is to tall to run with the top on and tin. It holds the tin cover up about 1\2 to 3\4in up over the mounting tabs, will have to check if it will work running topless. Comparing the two side by side and the stock one is a good 1/8in shorter. Anyone else run into this? Lord help me but i am gonna try tuning it tomorrow hahaha.
So what oil filter and air filter are you guys running? not a big fan of the HD stuff.
Smkblwr

#3 ·
There are many, many discussions around here about oil and oil filters. I haven't read ALL of them, but what I have read has led me to the conclusion that the H-D oil filter is as good as any aftermarket filter, and are actually quite reasonably priced (8 or 9$). More importantly, it's the crappy Syn3 oil that you want to stay away from.

#4 ·
Im running amsoil oil and amsoil EAOM136C-EA filter on my 2013

btw, shows to be the same filter for a 2008 vrsc 1250cc so they are all the same size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.