Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Race Supercharger Conv.

41K views 312 replies 66 participants last post by  Hugh_Jass 
#1 ·
I have a new customer that is dropping his bike off shortly for a race conversion. It should be an interesting project I will post progess as we go. He's going for rods, pistons and pinning the mains and clutch mods. Does he need to do more? We should comfortably get 250 bhp but want it to hold together obviously.

#3 ·
Case

The stock case is supposed to be good upt to 160 HP after that ARP studs and a brace/girdle to push the limit

#4 ·
The stock case is supposed to be good upt to 160 HP after that ARP studs and a brace/girdle to push the limit
:them:

Fitzgerald Motorsports Engine brace.

Link

Tell Scott that HoldHard sent ya.... (he'll probably only double the price.... :D)

HH

#9 ·
#13 ·
my customers bought all those parts, must be from you? Really looking forward to the biuld and the power. Will get the pistons coated on the crown and skirt to give them the best chance. What are the best Rods, I've always run Carrillo's and never had a failure on other engine builds so I'll probably go with what I know.

#21 ·
HIYA ITS MY BIKE THAT THEY ARE OPERATING ON !!! GOT A V AND H INDY PIPE COMING , V MOD MID CONTROLS ,V and H SHIFTER GONNA RUN A SLICK AND WHEELIE BAR AT SOME EVENTS HOPE IT ALL HOLDS TOGETHER .
LAST SEASON I RAN A TRUETT FRAMED IRON HEAD BIG CHANGE EAH?
take pictures along the way

#28 ·
I must say, that is one heck of a model to be using as a starting point for a drag bike. Seeing how there was only 1400 (I think) of those made, I would have thought you would keep one of those pretty stock.

Most everyone in the US starts out with the cheap and abundant '03' and '02 models for drag bikes. Those can be picked us for $6-7K where a CX is in the mid teens.

#30 ·
supercharger in place

Paddys been working hard on getting the supercharger mounted, getting a belt length that's off the shelf is a proirity, its difficult to get belt lengths and widths exactly the length you want so we have to work around that. The last thing you want is to special order belts, it takes 16 weeks and you have to by a batch. Any way the result we have is pretty good. We have worked with big pulleys to get maximum belt grip. This means the tensioner pulley has to be big also otherwise you overspin the bearings and they don't last 5 minutes. So we have sourced everything off the shelf and have used before so it's already proven. The outlet of the supercharger may be angled differently depending on how we make the fmic. We will keep the stock rad, the stock shrouds will have to go, hey this is for racing! i don't see an overheating problem unless you used it hard on the road in very hot weather.
We may sculpture the plate a little to take weight out and to give it some definition, but that's further down the line. The plate is further inboard than the cover on the road kit, the supercharger is no further out then the forward pegs or your leg so its not tooo outragious?

Attachments

#33 ·
we're not interested in 50% we have a kit that does that already and some. This is race and we're after 120-150%. We'll do the engine in house, been building engines 38 years. JE are custom making pistons for the job getting all the bottom end stuff from US as well. The Rotrex C30-74 will make 230 whp then we still have the C30-94 which will make 30% more boost, then the C38-81 which will make 20% more than that. She'll rock!

#34 ·
What can I say? As far as I am concerned this is the most interesting thread on the forum. If the engine holds together (and I believe it will) then this is a watershed moment. I have the TTS street SC system - but with a direct wet nos system added, so we can theoreticaly look at similar hp figures. For now we are keeping the juice to a minimum but we can amp it up as much as the engine set up will tolerate.

Low on funds for now but keen to monitor and adapt in the future..

#35 ·
I remember a bike that broke all the HP records earlier and in the end we learned a lot about how much these cases can handle. I think it went by the name of Badrod! Later...Badrod II!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.