Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

VRSCR Exhaust Clearance

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  thedoctor77 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy a VRSCR and I found one that I like. It has an exhaust I've never seen on one before and it looks pretty low slung. I am worried about ground clearance on the turns. Here is a picture of it. Any body running this pipe? any info on clearance????

See less See more
#5 ·
I'd drop Louis a PM, but by the looks of that pic, yes, they definitely sit lower than stockers. I installed the V&H 2-1 this summer and the low pipe sits just about even to the lower frame rail.

I dropped my bike about 1 3/4" and I'm not seeing a scraping issue at all.

#6 ·
I raised the rear of my bike half an inch with longer shocks and I still occasionally drag the stock lower can and the third volume heat shield. That thing would last about half a days ride before I wore a hole in it, assuming I didn't lever a tire off and crash first. No part of the exhaust should be below the frame at any point.

Don't let that little detail deter you from buying the bike. Pipes can be changed and stock systems come up for sale from time to time in the classifieds here.

#7 ·
I raised the rear of my bike half an inch with longer shocks and I still occasionally drag the stock lower can and the third volume heat shield. That thing would last about half a days ride before I wore a hole in it, assuming I didn't lever a tire off and crash first. No part of the exhaust should be below the frame at any point.
Don't let that little detail deter you from buying the bike. Pipes can be changed and stock systems come up for sale from time to time in the classifieds here.
I agree 100% Here was my R with the Rinehart on it...

#8 ·
Thanks for the info. I sent Louis a message. This is going to be a haggling point when I talk to the dealer.:deal:

#9 ·
On a phone, so not getting messages, and haven't read the thread that carefully either. We are talking D&D clearance, right?

I bought it partly because it looked like it had more clearance than any of the other complete systems. When I fitted it I was less impressed, looked like the headers could drag. Looking the other day however I found scrape marks all along the frame, and not on the exhaust. Conclusion, the frame probably touches before the exhaust, at worst the exhaust does not prevent the frame touching.

On the other hand, this is an 07 AW. You are talking Rs are you not? Different frame.

Sent from my e1808_v75_jbaol1_5647 using Motorcycle.com App

#10 ·
I don't scrape a Supertrapp V5, on my R. Go for it! Joe

#12 ·
Now I'm on a PC, that looks lower.

Here's mine. As you can see, it is a bit higher than the frame tubes.

#14 ·
It's lower. It looks like 2-3" lower to get under the mid controls compared to Louis'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.