Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2007 vrscx vs 2006 vrscd

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Vambo 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts. What is the better overall bike?

#5 ·
The D is, The D is the best looking bike since the 2002 A in my opinion and its no coincidence that the Best looking bike now (The DX) is a "Spin Off" of the D model. Black motor etc... The D rake is a bit less then the other models yes.

cannot say I am a fan off this very "Busy" looking bike

#6 ·
As far as looks, you have to make that decision. I like the bigger motor, spoke wheel up front and 240 rear. I don't like the exhaust on the d but that is no big deal as there are some really nice pipes for our bikes. The black motor and frame are sharp. I would go x but it is kind of showy so you better really like the paint.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
I love my 2007 D. It has the mid controls for when you want to treat it like a sport bike and factory highway pegs when you want to cruse. It's a great compromise. The pearlescent yellow paint and 180 tire are also great. It's already a big heavy bike so the more nimble 180 rear works well for me.

#8 ·
Spoke wheels are a beyatch to keep clean and a 240 rear tire won't turn as nice as a 180 rear. The difference in engines is almost unnoticeable on stock bikes. The D and R used the same exhaust and were rated 5 horsepower higher than other 1130cc bikes with the exhaust used on the X. Real world it's a wash. The D gives you more leg positions too. Both bikes have the same risers and instrument housing so you could put drag bars on the D very easily using the X's cables and hoses.

#9 ·
How do you prefer to ride, with mids or forwards? Do you prefer a 180 or 240 rear tire? The 1130 /1250 thing in not an issue IMO. The X does have a 5gl tank Vs. a 3.7. The D is a bit lighter in weight.

The X, 1250, 5gl tank, 240 tire, fly screen and a few other unique body parts, would be awesome with that factory paint scheme removed and something less "blingy" applied. The D, small gas tank, small tire and mids.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/harley-davidson_vrscd_night_rod_2006.php

#12 ·
And if you don't want that nasty laced wheel, trade it to me.

#13 ·
changing a D to forwards is easy. The 3.7 gallon tank will limit your ride distance and is more PITA to change. The X holds a higher value if that matters to you.

#17 ·
This is really down to personal preferences.

I own a 2006 D. Same bike just a little older. The D is a sportier model. Meaning it handles a little better. It is a mix between the A and the R. Creating the best all around bike. The only downfall to the bike is its 3.7 gal. You will be stopping to fill it up every 70-100 miles. Depending on how much throttle you are using.

The X is a "classy" bike. It is meant more or less for show room floors. But it does have "some" pros over the D. They have already been mentioned for the most part. Bigger tank at 5 gal.... that's really all that can be classified as purely a pro. 1250cc engine, this honestly is only for paper comparisons. I ride an 1130 and just yesterday rode with 2 Muscles (F) and one NRS (DX) ... my 1130 was out front. So the comparison is only good on paper. The 240 tire is also only good if it is what "you" like. Myself I wouldn't dare put a 240 on my D. It handles so smooth and is quick to react. I won't even step to the 200. But that is a personal preference. Some folks love the 240, while others,like myself, think it is a terrible idea. It can look good but it will destroy your handling.

This is really down to what you like. The D will out handle and more than likely beat the X in every field you throw at it. Except fuel tank size. The D will give you best options for foot positions. If you are under 6ft and not too large in the waist the Mid controls will be your best friend. But the X is a more valuable bike. Not sure why aside from the "X" in the name. So the resell will be higher. The paint and chrome is hit or miss. Meaning you will either love it or hate it. But it does have a more radical paint scheme. So if resell, paint, gas tank, and larger tire are very important deciding factors then the X is yours. If comfort, handling, and performance are more important the D is your better option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.