V-Rod vs V-Twin - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Hi-Performance
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #31
luvmyvrod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've run a few 103" bikes. One was supposed to be a pretty fast wide glide, according to one of his MC brothers. I smoked him like it was nothing. One of my buddies has a Road King that he did the 103", hottest cam he could get, race tuner, Rhinehardts, etc. His runs real strong. I can still take him though on my '03 V w/ stage 1 flash, Double barrels and K&N. Kind of hard to beat the bang for the buck with the V-Rod.
luvmyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #32
andrewgalletti
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
RPM …RPM…
Run a 26t keep accelerating in the 8- 9 + range tune it. You can walk away from 99% + of even their hot rods. Most of the riders early shift and they are heaver and won’t handle the high mph either. it is hard on them where our bikes thrive up there. Let them spend thousands just to keep up. I find it very funny that so many of them look alike and run the same. I know our bikes are not liked by them. But again who would like Harley that can beat them at less than half the price and be more dependable doing it.

Andrew
andrewgalletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #33
Lane
TURBONATOR

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
What would it take ( modification wise) for an Air cooled harley (96,103,110) to beat a stock V-Rod? Obviously alot more than a stock v-twin I would hope. Surely somebody out there has run a few v-twins from the red light. Thanks for any response. Ride safe, Bill
Street or Strip built makes a big difference but pending on what exactly you mean by red light. Street only or track included?

Do not under estimate a well built air cooled bike. I have ran against some on a 1/8 mile strip and you will have your ass handed to you.
When I was stock, friend of mine has a built 110" and I could take him for about 3/4 track until I had to hit 3rd gear and and the Vrod would fall off enough for him to pass me and hit finish line within 2-3thousands of a second every time. Since then he made a few changes and is several thousands quicker. That may not sound like much but it is a big deal on the track.
Even being boosted (before last motor update) there is a sporster that can beat me pending on who gets the better launch. And then there is the big boys that are close to a 1/2 second faster than my boosted times.

I even watched a 1350 Vrod go down this same track and it wont beat alot of the well built air cooled on the 1/8 mi times.

Most of these bikes are street legal but they are built for one purpose.
A few of them on this track is hitiing in 6.5 sec neighborhood.
Stock Vrod is in the mid 7's.
To gain 1.0 sec in a 1/8 mi is going to take some serious power and a light rider with good launching skills.

06 SE (Lane-r-ized)

Everything I say is for entertainment purpose only
Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #34
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Just saw a video that George Bryce posted in his FB... 310 HP Road King

Don't know if the link will work but let's try it:

http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?co...06619&__user=0

FABSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #35
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oo6niterod View Post

hey fab, hows that leg doin
Doing fine! Only a little discomfort but that's it! Thanks for asking pal! I just returned from a quick ride around since it's raining soon, so I guess I'm perfect!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #36
SirMrMr
Dave

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have an 04 VRSCB with a Stage 1. I use to think it was pretty quick until I got my Road Glide bumped to a 124. I know it's putting out between 140-150 at the rear, however I have another 400 miles before putting it in the dyno. Damn fast couch!
SirMrMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #37
losNRS
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMrMr View Post
I have an 04 VRSCB with a Stage 1. I use to think it was pretty quick until I got my Road Glide bumped to a 124. I know it's putting out between 140-150 at the rear, however I have another 400 miles before putting it in the dyno. Damn fast couch!
Do a 1402 on your V like some of the guys here have, and that Road Glide with a 124" would not seem as fast as you think against that little 82" Vrod. Torque is good, very good, but it can be deceiving, giving you a false sense of power when the engine starts to run out of breath and your pulling a couch. Again, in a world where money is no object, parts are available for the V, and everything being equal......the Vrod is hard to beat. MHO
losNRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #38
John/1
Registered Full

Fast air head do you think

Air head,no boost,no juice,street tire,no bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	294017  
John/1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #39
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John/1 View Post
Air head,no boost,no juice,street tire,no bar.
Tire is probably the ONLY "street" thing it has....

Old 09-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #40
John/1
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABSTER View Post
Tire is probably the ONLY "street" thing it has....
I think it is amazing to be able to accomplish this on a street tire especially without the use of power adders.Just amazing put the fear of god in the inline four,just amazing
Old 09-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #41
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Quote:
I think it is amazing to be able to accomplish this on a street tire especially without the use of power adders.Just amazing put the fear of god in the inline four,just amazing
Indeed! A friend of mine runs a pro mod bike w street tire, no bars, 7.40's in the 1/4 mile Lots of tuning, hard work and he's one of the best riders ever, unbelievably fast! :

Old 09-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #42
John/1
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABSTER View Post
Indeed! A friend of mine runs a pro mod bike w street tire, no bars, 7.40's in the 1/4 mile Lots of tuning, hard work and he's one of the best riders ever, unbelievably fast! :
7.40 is fast with a street tire, pro mod that with nitrous I think,like forced induction.do you know his wheel base.,any pics
Old 09-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #43
FABSTER
King of High C's!

Quote:
7.40 is fast with a street tire, pro mod that with nitrous I think,like forced induction.do you know his wheel base.,any pics
Yup, nitrous, I'll get some pics soon, I've posted some around but cant remember which threads LOL

Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #44
John/1
Registered Full

Air head couch

http://youtu.be/rBQwMR-WvDQ

At the strip
Old 09-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #45
John/1
Registered Full

10 sec airhead shovelhead

http://youtu.be/Av0-E-KXWMs

Believe it or not these fast street airhead are everywhere just look!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement